Feinstein’s gun ban bill exempts govt. officials

January 25, 2013 - By admin

Jan. 25, 2013

By Katy Grimes

An interesting tidbit came out of Thursday’s big announcement by Sen. Dianne Feinstein about her newest gun ban legislation. The bill would exempt “weapons used by government officials.”

Feinstein officially proposed banning 157 different makes and models of “military-style” assault rifles, pistols, shotguns and semi-automatic weapons, and also proposes to outlaw firearms with fixed ammunition clips that hold more than 10 rounds. And she wants “military-style” looking guns banned. Those are scary.

“Mrs. Feinstein’s measure would exempt more than 2,200 types of hunting and sporting rifles; guns manually operated by bolt, pump, lever or slide action; and weapons used by government officials, law enforcement and retired law enforcement personnel,” the Washington Times reports.

The Weekly Standard has this story.

Notably, Feinstein’s bill is an expanded version of her 1994 gun ban, because many anti-gun activists believed that the 1994 bill was full of holes.

The Daily Caller captured the list in a screen shot showing the specific firearm models that would be prohibited under the new ban:

dianne-feinstein-gun-list

staged a dramatic press conference Thursday on Capitol Hill with 10 weapons at her side and unveiled legislation instituting a government ban on more than 150 types of firearms, including rifles, pistols and shotguns,” Alex Papas with the Daily Caller reported.

The bill is co-sponsored by California Sen. Barbara Boxer and 13 other Democrats.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments(32)
  1. double l says:

I think this anti-gun hysteria by the politicians means that they are running scared. VP Biden stated that police overwhelming support banning guns because the general population has more fire power than the the police possess. There was a report last year that Federal agencies are stocking up on ammunition. Why? Is there a fear that they will come under attack?

2. Hondo says:

As soon as we have no more home invasions I america for 5 years straight, I will support this type of thing.
    I wish I didn’t have to own a gun. But with places like San Berdoo saying lock your doors and get your guns, I think I should keep mine.
    The criminals are the ones who support this law. Law abiding people like me will disarm, leaving me wide open for robberies.
    I am a victim of armed robbery. I collect rent and have lots of checks on hand around the first, up to 10,000 dollars (not cash but the bad guys think I have cash). There have been 5 armed robberies within a block of my house in the last 15 months, 15 within 5 blocks in the last 20 months.
    ‘Move’ you say. Then loan me 5,000 dollars so I can and have enough time to get a new job too. No, make that $20,000. I am over 50 and my older brother has been on unemployment for 3 years now.
    I wish there wasn’t as much crime. I wish I didn’t have to own a gun. I wish the public police unions hadn’t priced themselves out of a job.
    And I wish I was young again too, with all my hair.
    Hondo….

3. double l says:

Where can I sign up for a gov’ment job? We are going to have to rely on firecrackers to protect ourselves.

4. us citizen says:

You would be an idiot to give up your guns or register them. Not only tracking you by your registration is an invasion of privacy……..but just wait. They will come up with some sort of tax to get you on also……like car tags.

5. Donkey says:

They are all crooks and liars, none that can be trusted with the liberty and freedom of the people. :)

6. larry 62 says:

I don’t own a gun, but I think now might be just the right time to purchase one. If I wait much longer they may be outlawed and I do not trust government to let us keep our freedoms without a fight.

7. stevefromsacto says:

I thought I would ask how the fact that you can only order an ammo magazine with 10 rounds instead of one with 100 rounds will take away your Second Amendment “freedom.”

I thought I would ask why automatic weapons or machine guns or howitzers are illegal, but military grade assault weapons can’t be controlled.

I thought I would ask why you have to pass written and driver exams and have a license in order to drive a car, but need none of those to own a gun.

But after this latest from the “black helicopter” delusionists, why bother? You can’t change minds that are closed.

8. Rex the Wonder Dog! says:

==
    LOL…Steve, meet Pot, Pot meet Steve…errrr…kettle~

9. stevefromsacto says:

Note how well you answered the questions.

10. Donkey says:

Hey stevefromsacto, did you know we have the largest prison population on Earth within our borders? With only 5% of the worlds population, we have 30% of the worlds prisoners in U.S. prisons. This aberration is a “black helecopter” moment, but fools like your ignore what is going on right under their noses. Or is it that you are a working member of the PIC? :)

11. Rex the Wonder Dog! says:

double l says:

Where can I sign up for a government job?
    You don’t “sign up” for trougher work, you are either born, or connected, into it.

12. Dyspeptic says:

I see we have another hit and run appearance from the ignorant, cowardly, uninformed Stevie boy. Steve, you know you can’t handle an intelligent and informed discussion of the issues. You just show up out of nowhere and spew nonsense and then scurry back into your dark and slimy hole.

If your cause is just why not be honest? What you really want to ban is millions of semi-auto rifles owned by millions of law abiding, tax paying, responsible Americans for over 100 years. Why can’t you authoritarian, intolerant, hypocritical, sycophantic, civil rights hating bigots lighten up and learn to trust your fellow citizens instead of our liberty and prosperity devouring monstrosity of a government?

Go back to mommy’s basement and play some more video games. It’s obvious you aren’t man enough to hang out here and defend that mindless drivel you spew. My teenage daughter could whoop your sorry ass intellectually and in every other sense you miserable lame brain.

13. Dyspeptic says:

“Feinstein’s new gun ban would cover many more firearm models than the 1994 ban – 157 guns, to be exact.”

This is not exactly accurate. The bill also bans by feature list, not just by name. Any semi-auto rifle that excepts detachable magazines will be banned if it has even one other arbitrary feature, none of which have any effect on lethality. It also establishes a limited list of legal rifles and nothing outside that list would be legal. Period. As in forever.

This is just the sort of Fascist gun grab we have come to expect from the old San Francisco hag. Keep your spirits up however, because DiFi has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. She may have nothing to lose but her party does. This abomination will not become law, it’s just more gun bigot Kabuki theater for media consumption.

P.S.
    Rex, are you still proud of your support for Feinswine and the midget troll Boxer?

14. Donkey says:

Stevefromsacto is under a RAGWUS spell and has lost control of logic and reason: “Power provides the ability to choose… but has a proclivity for corruption”

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”
    ― Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    The words of Carl Sagan explain many things about human nature and why so many will lay down and take whatever the RAGWUS dishes out. Stevefromsacto is an example. :)

15. Rex the Wonder Dog! says:

Come on, lets not pile on old SteviefromSacTown, he is a dyed in the wool liberal and he stands up for what he THINKS is right, so for that you have to give Stevie credit ;)

16. NTHEOC says:

Again,There is no good reason for anyone other than law enforcement personnel and the military to have access to assualt style rifles that can take so many lives so quickly! people are not allowed to possess any other type of weapon or explosive device that can produce mass destruction. Why in the world should they have easy access to AR15 type firearms that can mow down innocent people in a matter of minutes? These aren’t hunting rifles and obviously aren’t meant for self defense. They are called assault rifles for a reason. The only people I ever see pushing for the sale of these assualt weapons are the anti government wackos!! I’m all for people defending themself but that has its limits. So what’s next, we want to aim cannons at our neighbors houses we don’t get along with! You RAMBO wannabes are something else….

17. NTHEOC says:

Katy Grimes, Are you a member of the NRA?

18. Donkey says:

NTHEOC, you are a statest troll. Our governemnt is becoming very evil and oppressive. :)

19. NTHEOC says:

DONKEY, you are a Anarchist troll!!!!

20. Rex the Wonder Dog! says:

Katy Grimes, Are you a member of the NRA?
    ==
    I AM. Card carrying NRA member.
    Also ACLU member.

21. Donkey says:

NTHEOC, I believe in freedom, liberty, and the Constitution of the U.S.

I have no love or respect for charlantan fools that seek government pay, perks, benefits, and pensions while trying to enslave a free nation. Here is an example of how many ignorant PS workers behave when dealing with their non-connected equals. The cop says “I’ll shoot you in the F…ing back.” :)

22. Donkey says:

This is the type of LE RAGWUS member that will have to problem doing what Oblamy and Di-Fi asks of them. :)

23. NTHEOC says:

DONKEY, Here is a response to your video and why cops act like they do when a moron has a gun on them during a traffic stop! Thank god your boy missed in this video.

24. Donkey says:

What you fail to understand NTHEOC, the man in the video I posted is not required to tell the public servant he had a weapon, in Florida he is free to go about his way as long as he is not brandishing the weapon in a threatening manner. The cop you are trying to defend,Andy Cox, is a sick sociopathic nut job and needs to be fired for everyones saftey. :)

25. Donkey says:

The video you posted shows a criminal using a weapons against another person. It looked to me that Andy Cox was actually driving that vehicle that fired at the officer. :)

26. Rex the Wonder Dog! says:

NTHEOC says:
    ====

WILD!

The dirtbags gun either misfured or he didn’t pull the trigger right when he opens up, and the cop unloaded 16 ROUNDS and evey single one MISSED!!!! Count em, 16 rounds!!!!

I think the Baretta 9mm’s have either 16 or 17 in the clip and one one the chamber. I used to have a SteyrGB 9mm that took 18 in the clip and one in the chamber- 19 rounds total.

27. NTHEOC says:

rex says,
    ==
    Actually the cop did hit him rex. The driver was hit and ended up crashing into a light pole.

28. Rex the Wonder Dog! says:

Oh so the cop did hit him, good!

I thought he missed and was wondering how can you miss after blasting off 16 rounds, firing nonstop…….where the hell was that and when did that go down??????

29. Hondo says:

Home invasions are happen nearly as often as street robberies now. There are often multiple bad guys, each with semiautomatic pistols. A 5 shot 38 stubby will get you killed. Shotguns are big and bulky but work fine, if they aren’t in the safe. Imagine trying to work those numbers when someones shooting at you. You’ll probably get the door open about the time the bad guys shot you.
    Until there are no more home invasions, we should keep our guns.
    As for schools, I say home school. Don’t send your kids to those union designed free kill zones.
    I say, have a wall of parents at every door of every school. Parents would gladly stand in mass, putting their bodies as shields to protect their kids. But the school unions won’t have it. The don’t trust the parents to be on school grounds. We are lucky the unions allow the kids to come home every night.
    Hondo….

30. SkippingDog says:

The FBI would tell you your statistical claim is nonsense, Hondo. There’s not even a uniform agreement on what constitutes a “home invasion robbery” in each state, and the overall number of robberies is half of what it was in the early 90′s.

Fear sells guns, so it’s no surprise that you and the NRA are working that angle.

31. Donkey says:

Skdog speaks straight from a cowards mouth,”Fear sells guns,” the reason LE prefers to dress up in uniforms, play with weapons of all kinds, and train to kill unarmed citizens with guns as often as possible.

Skdog, living in an
    orwellian bubble, selling the citizens lies that nothing is wrong with his perverse RAGWUS. ;)

32. jeff says:

I have one question. If the war on drugs hasnt worked up to this point meaning, you can get just about any illegal drug you want by just asking. How will putting a gun on some banned list change the fact that you would also be able to get the gun just by knowing the right person. This law is nothing more than Fascist B.S.

Archive By Categories