Obama ignores global cooling freeze out
by John Seiler | January 29, 2014 1:15 pm
One part of President Obama’s State of the Union with high implications for California was this:
But we have to act with more urgency because a changing climate is already harming western communities struggling with drought and coastal cities dealing with floods. That’s why I directed my administration to work with states, utilities and others to set new standards on the amount of carbon pollution our power plants are allowed to dump into the air.
The shift — (applause) — the shift to a cleaner energy economy won’t happen overnight, and it will require some tough choices along the way.
But the debate is settled. Climate change is a fact. (Applause.) And when our children’s children look us in the eye and ask if we did all we could to leave them a safer, more stable world, with new sources of energy, I want us to be able to say yes, we did. (Cheers, applause.)
“Climate change” is the euphemism for “global warming.” For example, in the 2007 announcement of his presidential bid, Obama said, in phrases similar to what he used in his State of the Union, especially the part of future generations:
“We can turn this crisis of global warming into a moment of opportunity for innovation, and job creation, and an incentive for businesses that will serve as a model for the world. Let’s be the generation that makes future generations proud of what we did here.”
And the western drought is part of a natural cycle that strikes our area every 100 years, or perhaps 500 years if it turns out bad enough. After all, most of California really is a desert. Despite humans’ efforts to water it, sometimes it reverts to its natural state.
As to “global warming,” here are today’s Drudge Report headlines for the Southern — not Northern — states. That is, these areas all are South of the White House:
RESIDENTS TOLD: TWEET FOR POLICE
ARTIC BLAST STUNS SOUTH...
Atlanta drivers abandon cars...
Sleep In Grocery Stores...
School children spend overnight on buses...
Officials caught off guard...
Mayor: 'A lot of people' still stuck on highways...
CHICK-FIL-A feeds hundreds of stranded drivers for free...
National Guard Hands Out Food Used For Soldiers...
COLD: 18,000 Super Bowl Tickets Still Available...
CLIPPER: Weatherman Cantore wards off on-air heckler...
- State of the Union: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/full-text-of-obamas-2014-state-of-the-union-address/2014/01/28/e0c93358-887f-11e3-a5bd-844629433ba3_story.html
- 2007 announcement of his presidential bid: http://obamaspeeches.com/099-Announcement-For-President-Springfield-Illinois-Obama-Speech.htm
- RESIDENTS TOLD: TWEET FOR POLICE: http://www.ajc.com/news/news/atlanta-winter-storm-resources-for-stranded-commut/nc5mS/
- ARTIC BLAST STUNS SOUTH...: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_WINTER_WEATHER?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-01-29-07-10-58
- Atlanta drivers abandon cars...: http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-winter-storm-hits-south-20140128,0,4157560.story#axzz2ro71pihD
- Sleep In Grocery Stores...: http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2014/01/29/commuters-sleep-in-grocery-stores-after-abandoning-cars-on-highway/
- 18-hour commute...: http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/gridlock-continues-as-unspeakably-horrible-commute/nc53m/
- School children spend overnight on buses...: http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/28/us/winter-weather/index.html
- Officials caught off guard...: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/30/us/ice-storm-southern-united-states.html
- Mayor: 'A lot of people' still stuck on highways...: http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2014/01/29/snowstorm-travel-disruption-south/5010845/
- CHICK-FIL-A feeds hundreds of stranded drivers for free...: http://www.myfoxny.com/Story/24574965/chick-fil-a-feeds-stranded-drivers
- National Guard Hands Out Food Used For Soldiers...: http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2014/01/29/national-guard-passing-out-food-packets-that-are-given-to-soldiers-in-afghanistan-to-stranded-motorists/
- COLD: 18,000 Super Bowl Tickets Still Available...: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/01/28/big-game-may-not-be-such-a-hot-ticket-18000-super-bowl-seats-still-available/
- CLIPPER: Weatherman Cantore wards off on-air heckler...: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/01/29/jim-cantori-knees-man/5017553/
- CHILL MAP...: http://vortex.plymouth.edu/uschill.gif
Source URL: https://calwatchdog.com/2014/01/29/obama-ignores-global-cooling-freeze-out/
Copyright ©2023 CalWatchdog.com unless otherwise noted.