Four business reform bills earn support of NFIB
by CalWatchdog Staff | May 18, 2015 6:56 am
Here’s the analysis of four bills in the California Legislature by the National Federation of Independent Business California. The NFIB backs all four bills. Two are by Democrats, two by Republicans.
Assembly Bill 12: State Government: administrative regulations. Authored by Assemblyman Ken Cooley, D-Rancho Cordova, this bill would:
- Require agencies to review regulations for overlap, inconsistencies or outdatedness.
Assembly Bill 19: Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development: small business. Authored by Assemblywoman Ling Ling Chang, R-Diamond Bar, this bill would:
- Require the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) to review all regulations impacting small businesses to see if they are outdated or could be improved.
Assembly Bill 351: Public contracts: small business participation. Authored by Assemblyman Reginald B. Jones-Sawyer Sr., D-Los Angeles, this bill would:
- Codify requirement that all state contracts have a minimum of 25 percent small business participation.
Assembly Bill 419: Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development: regulations. Authored by Assemblywoman Young Kim, R-Fullerton, this bill would:
- Require the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development to post information on the GO-Biz website to assist small businesses in understanding how to find information on pending and current regulations that may affect them.
- [Image]: http://calwatchdog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/GO_BIZ_LOGO_2.jpg
- National Federation of Independent Business California: http://www.nfib.com/california/
- Assembly Bill 12:: https://legiscan.com/CA/sponsors/AB12/2015
- Assembly Bill 19: https://legiscan.com/CA/sponsors/AB19/2015
- Assembly Bill 351:: https://legiscan.com/CA/bill/AB351/2015
- Assembly Bill 419:: https://legiscan.com/CA/bill/AB419/2015
Source URL: https://calwatchdog.com/2015/05/18/four-business-reform-bills-earn-support-of-nfib/
Copyright ©2020 CalWatchdog.com unless otherwise noted.