CalWatchdog Morning Read – July 1
by CalWatchdog Staff | July 1, 2016 9:11 am
- November ballot fills out with 17 measures…
- and lawmakers want to add a few more
- Which gun-control bills will Brown sign?
- Vaccination law drives some out of state
- Why regulators want more money for air quality cleanup
Good morning, happy Friday and welcome to July!
Voters have been warned for a while to be prepared for a seemingly never-ending series of ballot measures, and on Thursday the secretary of state released the final list of what initiatives qualified.
Seventeen total. And while voters will read and learn more as the campaigns unfold between now and Election Day, we put together a quick reference guide for your reading and learning pleasure.
The guide includes an increased tobacco tax, a repeal of the death penalty, a sped-up death penalty process, gun control, Legislature transparency, plastic-bag ban referendum, and so much more.
CalWatchog has more.
In other news:
- Lawmakers can still get measures on the November ballot, which one senator is hoping to do with a $3 billion bond for low-income housing. The Los Angeles Times has more.
- The Legislature sent 12 gun-control bills to Gov. Jerry Brown today, where it’s unclear how many he’ll sign. But we’ll know shortly as he’s headed out on vacation afterwards. The Sacramento Bee has more.
- The state’s controversial vaccination law takes effect today, and it’s causing some people to move away, writes The San Jose Mercury News.
- The San Bernardino County Sun explains why CA regulators want more money to improve air quality.
- Headed for a European vacation.
Tips: [email protected]
Follow us: @calwatchdog @mflemingterp
New followers: @michaelkapp @ethnicphysician
- CalWatchog : http://calwatchdog.com/2016/07/01/what-are-these-ballot-measures/
- Los Angeles Times: http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-sac-essential-politics-low-income-housing-bond-still-alive-for-1467315951-htmlstory.html
- The Sacramento Bee: http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article86935577.html
- The San Jose Mercury News: http://www.mercurynews.com/health/ci_30077494/californias-vaccine-law-opponents-moving-home-schooling-avoid
- The San Bernardino County Sun: http://www.sbsun.com/environment-and-nature/20160630/heres-why-california-regulators-want-more-money-to-improve-air-quality
Source URL: https://calwatchdog.com/2016/07/01/calwatchdog-morning-read-july-1/
Copyright ©2020 CalWatchdog.com unless otherwise noted.