Texas-California rivalry hits new phase: burger wars

Texas-California rivalry hits new phase: burger wars

innoutburgerMy money’s on the company from California.

“World famous California hamburger chain In-N-Out Burger opened a new location in Round Rock Tuesday.

“As the first location in Central Texas, the new In-N-Out will allow customers a much easier way to satisfy their addiction.  …

“Across the street, In-N-Out’s Austin-based burger-selling neighbors aren’t worried about the new out-of-state competition.

“’They are a great California based drive-thru fast food restaurant with a really good California-style burger,’ Gini Quiroz of Mighty Fine Burgers said.

“Mighty Fine said they know people will want to see what all fuss is about, but expects its customers to stay loyal.

“’We specialize in a classic Texas burger,’ Quiroz said. ‘You’re talking about a big, juicy, half-pound burger with simple ingredients that are fresh.'” …

“For the In-N-Out faithful who have waited for that first bite, their new favorite has officially arrived.

“’You have to have one or you won’t understand,’ customer Don Dahl said.”

The whole story is here.

1. SeeSaw
    SeeSaw 8 December, 2013, 16:01

There’s nothing quite like In N Out. Who would need a half-pound burger?

2. Rex the Wonderdog!
    Rex the Wonderdog! 8 December, 2013, 22:38

NO ONE can touch In N Out Burger for quality.

3. Rex the Wonderdog!
    Rex the Wonderdog! 8 December, 2013, 22:39

There’s nothing quite like In N Out. Who would need a half-pound burger?
    Do you remember Boll Weevil’s half pound “Steel Burger”????

• SeeSaw
      SeeSaw 9 December, 2013, 00:37

No, because I never looked for such big food. I used to eat McDonald’s quarter-pounder, and that is really obscene to me now. The only commercial burger I even consider eating now is In N Out’s regular cheeseburger with everything–grilled onions.

4. Dyspeptic
    Dyspeptic 9 December, 2013, 10:17

“’You have to have one or you won’t understand,’ customer Don Dahl said.”

I’ve had a few and I still don’t understand. Had an In N Out cheese burger with fries recently and thought it was very mediocre. The fries were particularly bland and unappetizing. But then I would rather eat ethnic fast food than burgers anyway.

5. SeeSaw
    SeeSaw 9 December, 2013, 11:10

I agree about the fries, Dys. Had to give up the fries for Weight-Watcher’s anyway. And, now I have guilt-feelings coming over me for talking about burgers. I must stop at the Salvation Army kettle today. Join me, everyone.

"That car had better be waiting"

Katy Grimes: It’s always interesting traveling and observing how people treat one another. Some are exceedingly polite while other travelers

Fracking watch: Germany figures out what CA hasn’t

April 27, 2013 By Chris Reed On Monday, AB 1301, which would halt hydraulic fracturing — fracking — in California,

Working on rejected emails problem

We’re still working out the kinks on our great new site. Some of our commentators have having their messages blocked.