Tax Day lamentations

Tax Day lamentations

Today is government workers’ favorite day, the ultimate pilfering of taxpayers to pay for all the lavish public-employee pay, perks and pensions.

It’s the Day of Reckoning for the rest of us. Pay up or go to prison.

Give our 50th Anniversary celebration of the Beatles coming to America, time for “Taxman” by the Fab Four. The reference “one for you, 19 for me,” means the Beatles figured out the socialist British regime was taxing them at a 95 percent rate.

And given that the lion’s share of the Mopheads’ income was from America, it really was a socialist tax on us Yanks. A lot of thanks we got for pulling the Brits’ chestnuts out of the fire in two world wars. Without us, they’d all be speaking German today.

1. NTHEOC
    NTHEOC 15 April, 2014, 14:34

I had my taxes done in February, the gov’t gave me money back!!

2. NTHEOC
    NTHEOC 15 April, 2014, 14:35

___________________
    Thank you! From the bottom of my heart.

• Donkey
      Donkey 15 April, 2014, 15:24

The response from ntheoc is typical of a feral RAGWUS feeding mooch, there isn’t a feeder on this site that doesn’t have the same “I deserve” mentality. Disgusting? Yes it is!!! 🙂

3. Steve Mehlman
    Steve Mehlman 15 April, 2014, 16:07

Please remember that the ‘Dog’s definition of “taxpayers” are only those who are opposed to paying taxes. The millions of us who believe, as Justice Holmes so eloquently put it, that “taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society” , also pay our taxes. But we get no respect, let alone representation from the pseudo “taxpayer advocate” organizations who give us all a bad name.

• John Seiler
      John Seiler Author 15 April, 2014, 19:55

Steve: When Holmes wrote that, in 1927, there was no income tax on the middle class, only on the wealthy. I’m happy to see that you want to go back to that happy condition.

Today, by contrast, I’m in the lower end of the middle class here in Taxifornia and am gouged for about 50% in taxes. I am your slave.

And today America is one of the least civilized societies ever heard of.

• S Moderation Douglas
        S Moderation Douglas 15 April, 2014, 21:24

Hang in there, John. Tax freedom day in California this year is April 30. You’re almost there.

50% in taxes? Sounds like a Seilerism.

• Donkey
          Donkey 16 April, 2014, 05:33

SMD, “feed me, feed me,” the feral RAGWUS feeder just can not get enough. 🙂

• Donkey
      Donkey 16 April, 2014, 05:29

Mehlman, the a paid defender of the status quo attempts to bring tears to the eyes of those that see the tyranny in the current RAGWUS system. The man has never heard the word shame, nor moved by its definition. 🙂

• S Moderation Douglas
      S Moderation Douglas 16 April, 2014, 11:44

In the videos, schoolteacher Rebecca Friedrichs called herself a “taxpayer”.

I’m OK with that, but I’m surprised CWD let that slip by.

4. NTHEOC
    NTHEOC 15 April, 2014, 17:13

Sales of new and luxury homes in March helped boost the Orange County median home price to $580,000, the highest point in seven years, according to DataQuick Information Systems.
    ——————————————–
    Gotta love capitalism! Greedy private sector mortgage hogs and worthless real estate agents cashing in again.

5. Ulysses Uhaul
    Ulysses Uhaul 15 April, 2014, 19:40

Nth,

Are you envious of personally successful people!

• NTHEOC
      NTHEOC 15 April, 2014, 20:53

UU,
      Not envious at all! But these are the people who are making a ton of money right now with the insane inflated house prices and they really do nothing. But they are also the same ones I hear attacking public employees like cops,ff’s and teachers when the pot of gold they made goes down with a slow economy.

• Donkey
        Donkey 16 April, 2014, 05:42

Keep telling yourself the RAGWUS lies about how the city, county, or state is hiding money from your thieving cabal ntheoc, but in the end the math is going to end your fantasy world. The definition of unsustainable is what it is my hose stretching pal. 🙂

6. Ulysses Uhaul
    Ulysses Uhaul 16 April, 2014, 07:31

There is plenty of money…..a increase in sales tax will clean up doomer’s worries in a flash.

7. Ted O'Steele, CEO
    Ted O'Steele, CEO 16 April, 2014, 07:42

Wow– A lot of doomer tension out here today— the frustration grows! Doomers should meditate—- take it easy little buddies—but please pay up asap so we don’t have to go into your homes (bunkers) and get the money you owe, take your guns and have you appear before the Obama–FEMA Death Panels ™.

Oh My !!

8. SeeSaw
    SeeSaw 16 April, 2014, 09:48

I just put my returns in the mail last Saturday. I am in the lower middle-class too, and I don’t pay anywhere near 50%. The federal government took 10.8% of our gross income; the State of CA took 1.8%. I never could and never will be able to afford a house in OC.

9. Steve Mehlman
    Steve Mehlman 16 April, 2014, 10:53

Hey Donkey, how come you feel no shame in LYING about me? I’m a retiree living on a fixed income. And if the status quo means allowing right-wing trolls to blather on without being challenged, I am most certainly NOT in favor of that.

10. Steve Mehlman
    Steve Mehlman 16 April, 2014, 10:54

Question: Can I tell a Donkey to kiss my A–, or is that too weird?

11. SeeSaw
    SeeSaw 16 April, 2014, 11:53

I don’t get why Donkey accuses SM of being a paid defender of the status-quo. All public sector workers have family members, friends, and other relatives who work in the private sector. I defend, vigorously, the sector that provided my bread and butter and allows me to help pay the living expenses for me and my private sector spouse, and also allows me to give help with college and other expenses to my children and grandchildren. I am a defender, deluxe! Nobody has ever offered to pay me anything for my participation. I never started out looking for money–could this be my first step on the ladder to being an overnight success in the commenting field? If SM’s benefactors are reading this, here I am!

12. billyBS
    billyBS 16 April, 2014, 15:11

Roads are falling apart. Schools are substandard. Unemployment persists a high levels. Crime is rampant. Borders are porous. Pay and benefits for the revered sector have gone up while this has happened.
    I know the problem, It is capitalism. Let the gov t set wages, create the jobs. The altruistic nature of the public servants will creat paradise.
    “A job for everyone, with step raises for all. You get paid whether you show up or not, or commit a crime; in the proud tradition of public sector”

13. Ulysses Uhaul
    Ulysses Uhaul 16 April, 2014, 16:54

Teddy

Be patient with Bubba. He just learned to read the doomer talking points….soon he will evolve becoming sensitive, fair, balanced!

Very few are like El Collapso, Poodle, Donkey….thankfully.

14. Queeg
    Queeg 16 April, 2014, 21:30

Saw……I left the steel towns in Penna for a better life. Life in short move where you can afford to be a homeowner.

15. SeeSaw