I can’t wait for this election to be over

I can’t wait for this election to be over

Nov. 2, 2012

By John Seiler

Just four more day to D-Day — Democracy Day. Then this dreadful election finally will be over.

If the ancient Greeks could have seen how things would have turned out, instead of inventing democracy, they would have drunk the hemlock rather than forcing it on Socrates.

The lying campaigns even are hurting our children. Here’s one with an opinion shared by most Americans:

1. Rex the Wonder Dog!
    Rex the Wonder Dog! 1 November, 2012, 21:52

That is seesaw I think 🙂

2. Bob
    Bob 2 November, 2012, 01:00

Well, she’s lucky she doesn’t live in Caulifornia (as Ahnode sez).

She’d be wailing and screaming if she had to endure all those Prop 30 commercials with the Old Brown Buzzard flapping his beak about how taxes must be raised.

But remember, according to our gummit masters and their minions taxes are never too high, the gummit always could use more money and everything our rulers do is for the chidren…oh, and of course, it takes a village…don’t want to forget that one.

3. Barb
    Barb 2 November, 2012, 10:22

If Romney is elected, I’ll be crying! (Happy tears of course!) I don’t pay attention to the ads and you won’t believe all the junk mail I get. (And I mean junk!) Four more days! And as for California? Well……not seeing much hope other than the tax props might not pass! We’ll see!

But I agree, I’m so sick of it all!

4. Queeg
    Queeg 2 November, 2012, 10:39

Give us liberty or give us Romney!

I can’t handle a faux gutless president who let our patriots die in Bengashi!

5. Rex the Wonder Dog!
    Rex the Wonder Dog! 2 November, 2012, 11:37

Barb, the tax props are dead.

6. SeeSaw
    SeeSaw 2 November, 2012, 16:17

I agree that it has been dreadful. (The little girl is cute–adding humor to the situation can’t hurt. My husband used to watch pro-football every Sunday, and one such day, our daughter (about this girl’s age at the time) said, “Daddy, are you going to watch another “Neffel” game?”)

The local City Council race in my community is the dirtiest I have ever seen on a local level–I was tempted not to cast a vote at all.

When I thought we had seen everything locally, it has just been topped by Bloomberg, who dropped 2.3 million dollars in a Congressional campaign here in CA, where the opponents are two local Democrats.

I won’t be happy if Romney wins–but I do support the POTUS, regardless of who wins. If Romney wins, he is not going to know what hit him pretty soon–will he spin a wheel every morning to decide what position he will take for any given day?

Vote, “Yes” on Prop. 30 and “No on Prop. 32.

7. SeeSaw
    SeeSaw 2 November, 2012, 16:19

Should have said that I do respect the POTUS regardless of whoever wins–not support his programs, probably.

8. David in Irvine
    David in Irvine 2 November, 2012, 17:16

“Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods.” Mencken

9. Barb
    Barb 3 November, 2012, 07:11

@Rex – Hope so! I’m just so angry right now with this state that I have to hold back saying anymore!

10. Queeg
    Queeg 3 November, 2012, 09:07

Barb relax and smell the instant coffee. Calif is on correct path with Prop 30 and the progressive bullet train investments….he is a visionary leading us to greatness.

11. SkippingDog
    SkippingDog 4 November, 2012, 21:52

Mencken also wrote:

“The art of politics, under democracy, is simply the art of ringing it. Two branches reveal themselves. There is the art of the demagogue, and there is the art of what may be called, by a shot-gun marriage of Latin and Greek, the demaslave. They are complementary, and both of them are degrading to their practitioners. The demagogue is one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots. The demaslave is one who listens to what these idiots have to say and then pretends that he believes it himself.”

12. wool-comber Leclerc
    wool-comber Leclerc 5 November, 2012, 12:32

“I want to hear some American stand up and shout: ‘Give us justice. Give us decency. And to hell with the Constitution.” – The Catholic News, July 25, 1963

A nice quote for the beast worshipers.