State auditor will scrutinize Child Protective Services

child protective services capitol rally 3June 6, 2013

By Katy Grimes

SACRAMENTO — It’s audit time for Child Protective Services, part of the California Department of Social Services. A protest rally by 100 people at the Capitol Wednesday morning charged the agency with both abusing its powers and neglecting real cases of child abuse. I took the nearby picture at the rally. Later that day the Joint Legislative Audit Committee of the California Legislature held hearings  on CPS.

Assemblyman Tim Donnelly, R-Hesperia, and Assemblyman Mike Gatto, D-Los Angeles, made the bipartisan, formal audit request to the committee.  The CPS operates largely in secrecy under the protection of the state courts.

The children

Protesters highlighted the fate of eight-year-old Gabriel Fernandez from Lancaster. As the Daily News reported May 28:

images

“A Palmdale couple were charged on Tuesday with capital murder in the beating of the woman’s 8-year-old son, who died last week.

“Pearl Sinthia Fernandez, 29, and her boyfriend, Isauro Aguirre, 32, were ordered to be held without bail while they await arraignment June 11 in Lancaster Superior Court.

“The murder charge includes the special circumstance allegation of murder during the commission of torture. The District Attorney’s Office will decide later whether to seek the death penalty against the pair.”

Aguirre allegedly cracked Gabriel’s skull, broke three of his ribs, knocked out two teeth, bruised and burned the boy’s skin and shot BB pellets into him.

Pearl Fernandez, Gabriel’s mother, reportedly told police she saw the beating but did nothing to stop it. Gabriel Fernandez died two days later in the hospital.

At the committee hearing, which I attended, Gatto called the boy’s death “horrifying” and the CPS’s actions “unacceptable.” But this was not a fluke. There had been six previous complaints with CPS about the abuse of the boy, and six separate investigations into the abuse of Gabriel in his mother’s home. Yet CPS social workers did not intervene. The sixth investigation was still open on the day of Gabriel’s death in May.

Overreach

Another case taken up at the hearing is a gross example not of neglect of real abuse, but of CPS overreach. Last week I wrote a story on our site, “Sacramento family fights seizure of child by CPS,” about Alex and Anna Nikolayev and their baby, Sammy, 5 months old.

580542_10151738859541159_1960790895_n

At the hearing, Anna Nikolayev testified she tried to leave Sacramento’s Sutter Memorial Hospital and take Sammy to another hospital for a second opinion, when she was threatened with a call to the CPS. Sammy was born with a heart murmur.

After a nurse at Sutter Memorial tried to give Sammy medicine that a doctor later explained should not have been administered, Anna became nervous about the quality of Sammy’s care. She said she wanted a second opinion from another doctor.

Nikolayev said she felt the doctors and nurses were “pressing us to do surgery.” She was told by the hospital workers, “You are free to leave this hospital, but your baby is not.” The hospital refused to discharge Sammy, then notified the CPS.

Anna told the committee that she took Sammy from Sutter Memorial and went directly to Kaiser Hospital. She met with a doctor there who said Sammy was healthy, did not need immediate open heart surgery, and was free to go home.

The next day, CPS and the police showed up at the family’s home, claimed they had a warrant and the authority to take Sammy. Anna asked to see the warrant, but the authorities wouldn’t show it to her.  Anna said they told her, “We’re the police. We don’t need a warrant.”

As Alex Nikolayev arrived at home, several police officers pulled him out of his car and “beat him up,” according to Anna. After taking Alex’s keys, the police charged into the Nikolayev home, then took baby Sammy from his mother.

“Give me your son,” Anna said the police ordered her at gunpoint. The police and CPS told her not to resist or fight back.

“Is that not kidnapping?” Anna Nikolayev asked the legislative committee. Her baby was returned to her after three days.

One more audit

This would not be the first audit of CPS. State Auditor Elaine Howle told the committee that her agency recently audited four CPS offices around the state, in Sacramento, Alameda, Los Angeles and Orange counties.

However, Howle said her agency is equipped to handle audits of three more county offices of CPS. Once underway, the audits are expected to take five to six months. Once completed, the information compiled from the new audits, and the four audits last year, will be compiled into an overall report.

Howle said the audits will examine and scrutinize the protocols CPS uses in deciding the severity of cases, and when a child should be removed from a home.

At the rally and during the hearing, many who testified said CPS is an agency driven by funding, financially incentivizing the wrong actions. The more abuse that’s alleged, the higher the funding for the CPS bureaucracy.

Howle explained her audits would look at the policies and practices in each of the three local offices, and how they reach their decisions. “We also will look at the funding, relative to when law enforcement is involved,” she said.

Lisa Snell, the director of Education and Child Welfare for the Los Angeles-based Reason Foundation, a libertarian think tank, testified the state needs to change the funding incentives for the CPS. “There’s a lot of evidence that when you change the funding incentives, the number of children removed from homes decreases,” Snell said.

“The motive is funding,” Deanna Fogarty (pictured nearby) testified of her own experience. Fogarty’s two daughters were taken from her by Orange County CPS and were gone for six years. However, Fogarty sued the county and got her kids back. The jury found that two social workers lied to take Fogarty’s daughters away. She was awarded $10.6 million in compensation. The case was appealed all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, which in 2011 declined to hear the case, thus upholding the original jury decision.

970714_10151738860761159_730694820_n

“This audit is long overdue as was proven by the powerful testimonies shared at the morning rally and in the hearing,” Donnelly told me after the hearing. “California owes a debt of gratitude to the hundreds of citizens who called their representative, spoke out and raised awareness about this audit hearing today.”

Two women told me stories of having CPS show up at their homes after they had taken a child to the hospital for falling and getting hurt. During the CPS visits, the mothers said, things went very wrong, and the mothers were accused of harming their children. Then the police showed up and took their kids away.

One African-American women testified at the hearing to a similar situation. She had two strokes that debilitated her, and while in skilled nursing her white friend and neighbor took care of her children. CPS got involved, and the social worker asked her how and why she could leave her children with the white woman. Her children also were taken away from her while she was recuperating from the strokes.

Donnelly told me, “Stories like that of the Nikolayev family, who had their fragile baby ripped from their arms for no reason, and stories like that of Gabriel Fernandez, who was tortured and beaten to death, show the unbelievable dysfunction and inconsistency within CPS. It is time for a massive change and I am very excited to see this soon-to-be eye opening audit move forward.

“This is a huge win for the many families who have been victimized by Child Protective Services throughout the years and it is a ray of hope showing that we can achieve system wide reform and accountability soon.”

1. D. Watlet
    D. Watlet 7 June, 2013, 23:19

These stories are not just in those counties, or this state. It is across the US and world wide and needs to stop! They neglect the real abused and look for children to be sold to the highest bidders, be it adoption or child trafficking. Our children are being taken for monitory gain plain and simple…

2. Bernadine Galdamez
    Bernadine Galdamez 7 June, 2013, 23:36

So does this mean you are going to make them give me my granddaughter back to me. When they stole her at my home in Sacramento. She was born on 1/10/13 at Sutter Memorial Hospital and 20 minutes after mom gave birth, CPS came in to tell mom and dad they had to sign there baby over to grandma’s care or they were going to take my granddaughter from mom and dad and place her in a foster home. So mom and dad were afraid so they cooperated. We stayed in the hospital for 2 days and my granddaughter was released to grandma’s care on 1/12/13. Mom and dad could visit under strick supervision. Face to face contact and I couldn’t leave the room. We all cooperated then we went to a TDM that was setup by the Emergency Response worker and continued to cooperate with her. Then the parents were referred to CPS Psychiatric Evaluation and referred to UCD Infant mental health services under grandma’s supervison at grandma’s home. We all cooperated with the recommendation of the TDM. Soon after parents received a letter with court date and time. Next thing you know it they are being stripped from their parental rights with no help from there attorney’s who are court appointed. Then they are told they can’t use any certificates of completion of classes, no witnesses, no testimonies and aren’t getting services. This is called bypassing. The mother is the only one who goes on the stand and is questioned over and over about a prior case that was closed and her/his four children were adopted out. Then the mother’s attorney tells her if she wants to have more kids then she needs to leave the state and change her name. Then the father is told by his attorney that he should divorce his wife and leave her. Then maybe just maybe he might have a chance. County Counsel tells the Referee that they should detain the child from grandma and the father’s attorney says no the child is with family. My grandaughter and I attended CPS Court everytime there was a date scheduled she was in no harm and very well loved and taken care of. The courts witnessed it. I go to get papers for guardianship to secure my granddaughter to be with me and the parents are in agreement. The Interim CPS Dependency worker ask where is grandma and baby at? my aunt tells her, I went to get guardianship papers. So Interim Dependency worker, runs from outside to the CPS Court room on the 3rd floor. So we go home and 2days later 3 CPS Workers and steal my granddaughter. I ask them for a court order and I was told they have it, but it is in the Court room. I get on the phone and call my family advocate to tell her what is going on and she asks to speak with the workers and neither of them want to talk to her.So my advocate says Bernie, go ahead and give them the baby or they are going to call the Sheriff’s and it will be worse for me and the baby. I gave my granddaughter to them and I asked where is the car seat to transport my granddaughter and the CPS Worker tells me they don’t have one so I didn’t want my granddaughter to be unsafe so I gave them hers. 3 Cars they came in and ran out the door with her. This was so hard for me and my family. We cooperated with them, because we didn’t want to risk loosing my granddaughter. We didn’t give her up willingly. We were trying to do the right thing and trusting they to would do the right thing. We were manipulated, lied to, intimidated by the CPS department. They abuse there power. They stole my granddaughter from a loving and happy home. Please help us. We are her family fighting to get her back…..Help her to be with her rightful family. Family Reform,,,Family Reform……

• Dorine Abaya
      Dorine Abaya 21 March, 2014, 04:23

These cps/dcfs workers are sick and twisted and will all burn in hell for what they have done to loving caring families. I dont care what they say, they ARE NOT for the children. Hate is a pretty strong word but i can honestly say I HATE THEM. There are a few good hearted social workers out there that ARE for the children,For the family. But for every 1 good one there is 10 bad ones. Power is everything to these people. I cant wait for them to see how much power the devil will have over them when they are in hell for there actions. I pray to God nothing happens to their innocent children for what they soo proudly get off on.

• shelly
        shelly 17 July, 2015, 16:23

I share the same fealings they are liers!!!. They knock on your door smiling and before you know it they take the most precious thing we have our children and grandchildren away!!!!

• ID Smith
      ID Smith 8 May, 2017, 21:48

who was the judge in your case?

3. R
    R 8 June, 2013, 06:28

Congratulations on the Audit!! It is about time that something is done to DCFS/CPS so that they cannot keep getting away with this. How does this audit really help parents who kids are still wrongly in the system due to their accusations, actions of the attorneys, and the courts. Something really needs to be done to investigate the courts to because the attorneys do not do their jobs in representing the parents and children and this is obvious if people go to these children courts. Parents lose their children because of the attorneys not representing them properly. Also, compared to normal courts, attorneys consult with each other in these child abuse neglect cases. The public isn’t also aware that the cases are just based on reports made by the social workers only, thus being one sided cases. One does not have to actually be present in the court to witness this. You can see what is going on if you stay in the waiting area of these courthouses. Is there a way to get in touch with specific people (auditors) to let them know to investigate specific cases in depth. This needs to be done for more than financial reasons.

• shelly
      shelly 17 July, 2015, 16:28

I agree with your coment. It is time that we take the power that we have given this terrible agency out of control thats is so corrupt!! THIS AGENCY HAS ALL THE LEGAL POWER TO TRAFIC WITH OUR CHILDREN IN THE LIGHT OF DAY!.

4. OLYMPIA JEFFRIES
    OLYMPIA JEFFRIES 8 June, 2013, 08:15

PLEASE HELP ME FIND DEANNA FOGARTY!!! I currently have the biggest case in CPS history (Sacramento county)I need help!!!!

• Nunc Pro Tunc'er
      Nunc Pro Tunc'er 21 November, 2013, 12:24

You have the biggest case? There are so many cases which have never even made the media which over shadow these cases and those children survived! These are adults today and are talking. One case I read about the child endured multiple surgeries and reconstruction work and those that have harmed that boy have hacked into his Emails, kept track of him. Do you think they are nervous about their careers? Sure. Many we found out later retired or transferred out. In some instances these cases statutes run out unless a redress of grievances, or some tolling could be addressed. It all depends but time is ticking. Is this a public safety harm for these monsters to continue in their confused notions of color of law capacities? Sure.
      You might want to contact the Sacramento bee and talk to their investigative team. They were linked up to broader efforts which brought the public to know of misfiled medical death reports and so many children abused and those who have lived in torture. To think of any siblings left behind in those families would certainly require a serious governmental search team. People need to pay for inhumanity like other have internationally. Just because it is done here in America is no excuse, we too have to abide by the same International Conventions which have been instruments of protections for the vulnerable.
      I hope you find your girl. Make sure to file a missing persons report, and be sure to have all the pertinent documents which verify civil or federal rights violations. If you go to the lower authority they are supposed to give you a federal referral if a child has been taken across state lines because that would be: Abduction which is a felony. What are Crimes of Aggression and how then will we address torture in the US?

5. Granpa Chuck
    Granpa Chuck 9 June, 2013, 18:07

Please don’t forget the Blue Ribbon Commission started in 2006.
    California Blue Ribbon Commission on Children in Foster Care
    In 2006, when Chief Justice Ronald M. George first appointed the California Blue Ribbon Commission on Children in Foster Care, he charged it with providing recommendations to the Judicial Council of California on the ways in which the courts and their child welfare partners could improve safety, permanency, well-being, and fairness outcomes for children and families in the state. After the commission issued its recommendations in August 2008, Chief Justice George reappointed the commission for another three years, starting in June 2009, to work on implementing the recommendations.

6. Deanna Fogarty
    Deanna Fogarty 10 June, 2013, 15:45

Olympia…you can connect with me via Facebook or through e-mail: [email protected]

7. Tracy Flores
    Tracy Flores 11 June, 2013, 05:29

The stories that I’m hearing more and more as each day goes by, brings this over whelming joy to my heart.. That you couldn’t believe.. Finally.. Finally some one is hearing our cries and answering our payers. My 8 children were wrongfully kidnapped from me July 12,2006 in Palmdale, CA. And I knew back them that out was all due to incentives because v the FFA worker wad on

• shelly
      shelly 18 July, 2015, 16:45

I am so sorry to know of your terrible loss!!!. I will pray for your family. I hope that our law man and the president will listen to our sufering and cry for help!. I hope some day they will change things and help get our children back!.

• Monique
      Monique 10 April, 2016, 18:15

They did the same to my eight children too and with no evidence or proof and adopted out my children I appealed and it just got turned down so I’m going higher up it makes me sick that many children are traumatized and abused through the system! There has got to be something we can do to get them back!

8. Joe
    Joe 11 June, 2013, 07:24

They need to investigate the juvenile court system which is a total criminal conspiracy designed to aid CPS in kidnapping children. The juvenile court scam is a secret kangaroo court inquisition where there are no due process rights. The CPS attorneys and providers are working for CPS and are part of the conspiracy. CPS extorts parents into signing their bogus lying case reports by saying they will get their children back if the cooperate. In reality, they are tricking the parents into voluntarily giving up their children by lying to them. The attorneys who are supposed to be defending the parents do not rebut the CPS lies in court and they become facts and the parents are destroyed and have no chance. CPS and the juvenile court systems are despicable, evil, satanic, inhuman, barbaric, scams to steal children for money they get from federal and private funding. In reality CPS and the court are a private corporation hiding within the state and county guise of government. They are nothing more than an extension of the Nazi’s from WW II. The entire system needs to be abolished and started over. It cannot be fixed because the people and systems involved are corrupted beyond fixing. None of them should ever be allowed to work for the government or with children again.

• shelly
      shelly 16 July, 2015, 00:38

Absolutley truth!!! I pray that stanislaus county will be one of the other audited county!!!.

• Monique
      Monique 10 April, 2016, 18:20

9. Suzanne Murphy
    Suzanne Murphy 12 June, 2013, 16:34

You people really make me laugh. Grant you, I suspect that CPS doesn’t always apply their rules perfectly across the board by each person all the time. The system no doubt is flawed. It is made up of people and people are by definition flawed.

To use the “Baby Sammy” case however as your model for change is so inappropriate. No one has mentioned what “severe” neglect means. Look it up. The definition is very clear. All the talking is only being done by Alex and Anna and their lawyers. No one from CPS or the hospitals involved have spoken. You take every word that Anna says as truth because she’s the “mother.” Right, like people don’t lie.

The timeline… It doesn’t make sense either. They didn’t take the baby right over to Kaiser. They waited a few days. Also, the Kaiser they took the baby to doesn’t even have birthing services or pediatrics. That service was moved.

How is it that they just happen to have a video camera set up on a tripod to “view/tape” the officers who “barged” in. They didn’t barge, they knocked. How did they now they were coming?

A second opinion is arranged, you don’t just grab your child and take it off of it’s tubes, medications, and stuff and just walk in somewhere else.

The second opinion was at Stanford. And gee, the baby had surgery relatively quickly after that. I wonder why? Could it be that the baby needed surgery? Huh, imagine that.

Also, who paid for this surgery? Can you say “we did.” That is the public pays for people’s uninsured procedures.

The whole thing stinks.

The family lying and no one wants to confront them. They are in way too deep now…

Should CPS be accountable and do the right thing as often as they can or every time? Yes. Should they be audited? Sure.

Is the “Baby Sammy” the case to pin this to as an example? No!

• MadasHell
      MadasHell 12 December, 2016, 22:45

Wow, you must have a small closed mind, if any the “C.P.S. has gone way over board with taking children from their homes, yet the parents who really do abuse their children are left with their children in their homes until the children are either dead or wish they were, you must not have children or your a real winner of a parent, and Hell yes the C.P.S. everywhere should be Audited not just once but all the time, when anyone has a problem and reports it, It should be looked into. I for one know that the “Child Protection Service’s” in many states has taken too many children from loving homes and placed them in way worse homes, has any one ever checked on the Children that were removed from their home, how are they doing now???

10. Pamela
    Pamela 3 July, 2013, 07:25

I hope they are going state wide we had and have a few things going on in Lompoc Ca.
    A little 4 yr old murdered in a motel by moms boyfriend while mom watched then a girl got her kids taken but they left the 8 yr old. She deserves her kids she made a mistake is clean and has proven way beyond that she is a whole new person. Please investigate Lompoc ca

11. A
    A 13 July, 2013, 18:14

http://cpsinjustice.bravesites.com I made this site to help parents dealing with all the lies and BS of CPS. They seriously need an overhaul!

12. Ruben Govea
    Ruben Govea 16 July, 2013, 23:01

Same thing going with my two girls assault by the mom cussing mis treatment drinking and driving with the children and CPS finally listened after countless reports the supv Tanya Sloan was informed about this 2 years ago did not do nothing about my children were interviewed nothing finally mom gets our children removed but no less than a month later she gets them back, I was assured that my daughters would not return to the therapist that is corrupt as much as CPS and now that mom gets them back things change and my youngest is still in therapy with the therapist that at a time used to be the moms therapist such a huge conflict of interest and nobody gives a damn, mom still neglecting the children. Countless times since 2011 and 2007 my daughters have been diagnosed with scabies very contagious and very itchy mom dismisses it by saying it is just a rash my oldest scratches so much she has bled and now the scars are like ulcerations, that is called neglect on the mothers part, according to CPS here in San Diego one of the worst counties here in CA for CPS corruption mom is doing all her classe
    s for alcoholics anonymous passing her screenings lol she fools judges mediators investigators police and manipulates everything her way has psychiatrist and therapist lie for her so she can have the children and again its all about the money, hello department of child support services DCSS notorious and corrupt as much as CPS they don’t give a crap they will take all your money just like CPS no protocol or ordinance and no accountability the whole country is broken but more states like CA Florida and New York oh yeah and Illinois the mother of my daughters has not even completed the classes she is required to do and CPS decides to return the children to her that she does not even make time for I really hate San Diego, I am only living here because my daughters live here but the mom uses the system through restraining orders and the courts to get her way lying and lying over and over can they please have an audit done in San Diego including the juvenille courts and DCSS

13. John
    John 7 September, 2013, 13:18

The people that did this should be in San Quentin for the rest of their live son kidnapping charges.

14. Lori
    Lori 27 September, 2013, 09:11

My heart goes out to the families involved in these cases. Please also consider the injustice against adoptive families. CPS places apparently adoptable children in their homes, tells them everything that leads them to believe they are in the best place, adoptable and you love them as your own. Then the social workers at the final hour changes recommendations and the child you loved with all of your heart is ripped from your arms the same day. This happened to us and we are grieving terribly. we can only pray the right thing was done and the family is able to stay well and care for this baby. There has to be more clarity for adoptive families so they are not pulled into this system only to have hearts broken and children bounced around and bonded and then moved again. Heartbreaking on all levels.

15. none
    none 2 November, 2013, 00:53

I am contact you in regards to c c c child protective services this agency is falsifying reports just to put woman in the child abuse index. NOT only that they are telling doctors to put monitoring tracking devices in woman and try to cast them and allow contra Costa county POS`s and probation officers to attempt to pump out decent innocent women who have no criminal record. ALSO what some of these workers are rushing to do is put parents into the child abuse index to hinder them from finding employment. One of the workers by the Name of Tracy Keney and Tracy Garret with New Birth and other churches are involved in this all to sale people’s children. They call themselves sacrificing people’s children and families out of fear of their own. The workers at CPS need to be monitored and each worker needs to be mentaly evaluated

• To Thine Ownself Be True
      To Thine Ownself Be True 17 March, 2015, 21:32

I’m very familiar with ccc and the lies created to keep rehabilitated parents and children apart. Privacy rights, medical rights HIPPA rights all violated. Lots of arm twisting to put parents in therapy, then as parents suffer from post traumatic stress trusting therapist, cps swoops in demanding to have full disclosure of your private medical information . And when they cant get someone dumb enough to sign off on their rights giving them the rope they plan to hang you with as they twist the truth around, then cps goes thru a third party and has ur privacy rights signed off by someone not legally able to sign off for you….which is a federal offense by the way. When you tell them thats not ok, they retaliate in court. Childrens attorneys arent for the kids at all but for ensuring the curruption and lies dont get uncovered by solid truth and real evidence . Its a hell only a true loving parent can endure…because those that truly love their kids,never give up and fight the system back, instead of bending over. Dont give up. I’ve found a great attorney to fight for our family! If you need one I can share her info. She is fully aware of the corruption and lies in ccc. Don’t ever give up on your children!!! They’ll love you for it in the end!

• MaryD
        MaryD 22 June, 2015, 12:33

who is the good attorney

• J.Haywood
        J.Haywood 4 July, 2015, 01:34

I wuld PLEASE LUV TO KNW OF THIS LAWYER! N YES, REBECCA HARDIE MOST DEFINITELY needsneeds TO BE UNDR INVESTIGATION AS WELL AS CHEO LEE CCC VPS EMPLOYEE AS WELL AS HER SUPERVISOR MARCY WILLIAMSON AND LSST BUT NOT LEAST NADINE HENDRICKS SUMTHN IS DEFINITELY NOT RIGHT W/HER I BELIEVE FRM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE N STILL GOIN THRU THA SHIT CORRUPTION!!!! BAR-FUCKIN-NONE!!!
        Contra Costa County, fuck yo mediation ! I want to take this shit to trial! I bent ovr backward last time, but not this time! They took my life away frm me n accused me of neglect of my newborn that was to b adopted out n I recovering frm surgery as well as my 3yr old daughter was recovering from her head injury wit ah tv all this happn all at once while my 3yr old on tha 5th of may was admitted in2 children’s hospital I was pregnant n havn extremely high blood pressure 199/117 so on tha 17th of may I had to b admitted to alta bates Berkeley had tha baby on tha 20th at 32wks pregnant left tha HOSPITAL in tha 24th baby in incubator pik up my 3yr old went to a friends house smewher quiet to hav peace n help mind u phone was destroyed by coffee ah wk in a half frm discharge I got new phone. Called 4xs to check on lil baby after discharge. Called my house n was givn a msg cps came by 2xs so I called to check in n giv an update on my new number didnt hear bak frm tha 2 wrkrs a day later came to take my 3yr accusin me of neglect but she made it clear she recieved my msg but was mad at tha fact I wasn’t home when she came out twice as if it was a law that I jus had to b home! Lied on report sayn I called tha HOSPITAL social wrk to ask about an appt missed n she said I nevr askd about baby… since when wuld I hav to call her when ive been calln nurses statin in nicu for update, lied on report sayn baby had to b givn morphine for withdrawal n tha whole time I there nevr gav him nothin! Nevr supplied a warrent, court order that she claimed she had nevr notified my when thry jus on thur of last wk of my 3yr old goin to another home n “tha foster parent dnt accept phone contact” when I was givin permission to contact my baby evryday n which I did, faithfully! Now cps wrkrs wont return my calls! For 2wks now I havnt spoke to my baby! SME1 HAS TO PAY! THA JUDGE TREATS ME LIKE IM SUM DANGEROUS HORRIBLE PERSON FORCIN ME IN THA STREETS, LITERALLY! SO MY 14YR OLD WOULDN’T BE TAKEN INTO CUSTODY AS WELL! WTF? NOW THEY OFFERING MEDIATION, THEY CAN SHOVE MEDIATION UP THEIR ASS! BRING YO EVIDENCE !TRUST N BELIEVE, I WILL GET MY DAUGHTER BACK IF ITS THA DEATH OF ME, BY ALL MEANS NECESSARY! GOD IS ON MY SIDE! ALL U HAV AGAINST ME IS THA BABY BENIN BORN WIT OPIATES N WHICH I NOW HAV A PRESCRIPTION FOR BUT I STILL WILL TAKE RESPONSIBILITY IF NEED BE FOR THAT BUT IVE BEEN DOIN MY HOMEWORK SERIOUSLY! N A POSITIVE TOXICOLOGY ISNT BASIS ENOUGH TO HAV THAT CHILDREN REMOVED… THERES MRE TO IT BUG UM TIREX OF TEXTN….
        J.Haywood
        [email protected]
        510-435-3004

• vleaver
          vleaver 29 October, 2015, 13:12

20 yrs ago my son born in martinez by c section was almost taken frm me. Positive opiates i was livid! Next AM nurse who attended birth came in and sd that i had been given opiates during labor. No one bothered to enter the fact in my chart!

• V
        V 8 November, 2015, 14:35

Large corrupt case. Sonoma county
        Need a lawyer. Largest case connected to all sonoma county lies and cover ups.

• Missing my babies
        Missing my babies 12 December, 2016, 23:27

A similar thing is happening to my family right now…I need help against these human traffickers…in CCC…I need that attorney info

• Elthon chi
        Elthon chi 8 July, 2017, 01:47

Please let me know what to do
        I really need to contact with the attorney what you talking about
        I got exactly very similar case
        My attorney she is doing everything wrong again to me

• shelly
      shelly 18 July, 2015, 16:48

Very well said . Thats the agency exactley how it works. I pray that we will unite amd be strong enough to bring this monster down!!!!

16. none
    none 2 November, 2013, 00:58

Also evaluate and audit judge Barry Baskin,judge Hardie and judge Height of Contra Costa County for

• To Thine Ownself Be True
      To Thine Ownself Be True 17 March, 2015, 22:04

Totally agree. The outcomes are set. Its a bogus court room, with bogus facts and lies (oops I mean lots of fabricated stories created out of thin air), and the judges always sides with this one attorney (Linda Erickson) who doesn’t care at all about the children, their needs, education etc. You jump thru hoops forever, never missing a beat only to be told by this lovely attorney that nothing you do, perfectly I might add, will EVER be enough! I’ve never seen so much injustice or ignoring of facts…where hearsay and fabricated stories reign in the court room, without one drop of proof! Make cps accountable for destroying families with their lied for its profit and to justify their existence. Change the laws so that proof must be provided for all the bs they right in reports then state it as fact. Give parents the ability to fight back by accepting proof of the truth in the court room, so our families can be whole again.

• shelly
        shelly 18 July, 2015, 16:52

Absolutley truth every word stated!!!!.unfortunatley aeven a serial killer have more laws that protect them that a parent been acused of acusations and lies in a child dependency court!!!

17. anny
    anny 2 November, 2013, 01:16

ACLU is aware of the illegal practices of CPS

18. Brittany
    Brittany 21 November, 2013, 12:33

What is sounding rather trivial is that unless one steps forward absolutely nothing is done for an American child which is literally unseen. Are children possessing any sanctuary by their citizenship as minors? What could state government do to monitor flighty families or even political disturbances in with certain family disharmony. Can a family have differences in peace? If teachers do not report dynamics which are potential threats to a child how many calls does it take? After a 100 calls you would think that action would be immediate like with adults, but what happens when a child does not possess the legal words and knowledge to SAY whats wrong at home? Don’t adults get away with dumping and unwanted child to a hospital no questions asked? Don’t dogs get put down when no one wants them at the pound? Is life so secondary if there isn’t an adult with the sense to judge a matter properly?

19. Chance
    Chance 29 January, 2014, 18:51

Look where do you get off terrorizing some of the families who are really doing something. Scoffers and idle commentors need to shut up or get out. How could you mention dogs and teachers like that all in one breath!

Diligence applies to all who swear and OAth, in cluding those in the Neuro science professions. All of these crazies saying all are inbalance and deciding the fate and destinies of others one minute and writing aboat the sorts of medications for shyness the next minute. What aboat medication for arrogant professionals who THINK they are above ethics by their invasions of personal space and intellectual property. Individualism is a right.

Officers of the law and in the professions need to REMEMBER that all OATHS go to the G-dhead. It is no trivial thing to casually promise to do your bestest.

OATHKEEPERS.ORG

20. Adams
    Adams 9 March, 2014, 00:58

Cps should focus on real cases of abuse and not just he said she said bull crap.. most kids there are not in any harm its just that Cps needs money and to save there jobs they need to keep busy so they find any reason to rip out kids from there homes make up false report make mother’s and family members jump hoop after hoop and still not reunify families ..to Cps workers its a joke .. but they won’t laugh when it happens to them

21. RA
    RA 13 March, 2014, 17:40

I believed that the greed of money, power and cruel heart is what is making CPS to do these kind of atrocities against families. They have made such huge mistakes and the worst case is that they do not admit it. They abuse people by intimidating them and by making false reports in order for them to take kids away from their families. Every case should be investigated as well as each CPS worker making sure that those reports are not false. I also believed that the records in the court preceeded by Judge Height of Contra Costa should be investigated.

22. Julie
    Julie 23 April, 2014, 06:10

im thru the same thing. since my children were taken from me without no investigation. everything they put on the reports are lies. when you go to court they dont let you speak or defend yourself from the lies that cps wrote on the report. im only one person ,one voice.and I want to be heard.and wat I know now I wih I knew then. and as of this point im going to court in april 2014. and I have to testify because im getting the cps social worker for unreasonable efforts. This word reasonable efforts is a very powerful word. it apply t the judges, the attorney’s, and the social workers. if the socail worker are found by the judge unreasonable efforts that does hit cps fundings.they get cut.it gets them where it hurts. they went and used tbat agaisnt me and now Im using it agaisnt them.and I have all my proof. Thi is just tbe begining .I fill fight until I get my kids back. my son has autism disorder and this has affected him not in a good way. my son tells me one day “mom my heart hurts” when he told me that I was in tears.my 6yr old son has to fill his heart broken because of the ignorance of cps and there lies.they dont stop to.think what this does to our children. my kids are not abused. never. I take care of my kids 24/7. never left them with no one.they took my daughter 2 days before her 1 st BIRTHDAY. couldnt even see her. that there you can not replace or go.back in time .its just so disgusting that cps is doing this to many parents out tbere. they are corrupt and they do need to be reformed.we the people need to make a point and really be heard..we al need to take a stand. if any ione wants to take a stand im willing to go all tbe way.

• Jasmine
      Jasmine 22 June, 2015, 11:02

Iam willing Jasmine Hubbard 3234929191

• shelly
      shelly 18 July, 2015, 16:58

My heart goes out to you!!. I had no knledge og the sacramento rally just reventley!. We need to organise our parents and educate ourselves more!!.

23. Patty I
    Patty I 2 July, 2014, 17:47

What about Adult Protective Services in San Diego? They are equally corrupt.

• r
      r 17 March, 2015, 11:09

Djeeana Beck threatened the protective parent in a case, saying if they removed the child (unprotective parent) they would place them in foster care. A complaint was made afterwards and a formal complaint after the father received a positive recommendation. This is after a manager corrected the wrong recommendation sent in by Ms. Beck. Ms. Beck allegedly sent in the wrong recommendation to retaliate against the protective father whom she threatened.

Investigation was partially conclusive. Supposedly the investigator would not give further information out about the investigation when the father protested the results. Later it is reported that that ombudsman office said there was never any intent to put the children in foster care, Ms. Beck stated she was only talking about policy.

Policy is if a child is removed they are placed with the protective parent or other family members before foster care is considered.

If there was not any intent to remove the children why would Ms. Beck be talking about such a policy that was in fact incorrect.

Ms. Beck was later made a manager in San Diego. CPS does not support fathers and protects it’s employees.

A managerial position for threatening a protective father is quiet a reward.

24. Karenandraul Vazquez
    Karenandraul Vazquez 11 August, 2014, 20:54

child protective sevices here in modesto ca needs to be audit because my daughter finished everything she was told to do and they took all three of boys and adopting obe out and putting the other in group home and took her baby and gave him to his father so they basically stoled her children and never check her apartment or nothing to the fact of considering what she finished and told her her boys are happy were they are at

25. Wendy
    Wendy 17 January, 2015, 08:51

I looked up what the outcome of this “Scrutinized audit” of CPS was. All these auditors had to say was that CPS must do better at protectibg abused and neglected children. The End. I am outraged!! Nevermind the fact they committ worse abuse and neglect on children than the
    general public. Shut them down now! Send our children home where they belong.

• Stacy
      Stacy 19 September, 2015, 09:32

Wendy, can you please share the link to the Audit’s results? People need to know the audits are not enough to help turn things around, more is needed from us.

26. casharris
    casharris 27 March, 2015, 16:28

My daughter, and myself have been fighting CPS in Lancaster,CA. They removed my 10 yr old granddaughter from the home for reasons I still don’t understand. False allegations were made and all proven false. My daughter has done everything she was told to do and is still they will not give her daughter back. I did a life scan and they found something from 2007. The judge said I could get her on weekends and It is now three weeks and I have not seen her yet. She has been in two foster care homes where she had no guidance an an adult male hit her repeatedly. No money for an attorney but this is so wrong and have proof to prove it.

27. sarah
    sarah 30 March, 2015, 18:39

Cps took my kids on march 19th and just told me and my husband were told our 11 month old has whooping couch since he went into foster home the endangered my child

28. nana flores
    nana flores 24 May, 2015, 02:07

cps took my grand kids cause i let a pick my grandson up from school she did’t have a lances the school is only two blocks away but i did;t realize at the time but from day one she would tell i am going to take the kids from you at every point all i want is my kids back they did not do any wrong doing it’s not the kids she worries about it’s job security

29. Nick
    Nick 11 September, 2015, 21:14

Is it illegal for Child Protective Services to not notify a parent (father) when a mother has their child taken away by Child Protective services for living in squalor?

30. hurting grandpa
    hurting grandpa 22 April, 2016, 16:40

I could use that refferal information.my grandson was taken by ccc too.court is a nightmare.im dying slowly over this.

31. Riseing phionex
    Riseing phionex 4 May, 2016, 08:23

Soprano County,,,,,Judge Bertoli,,,,,Sherri Hawkins,,,,,all court appointed attorneys ,,,,and most of the rich and powerful family’s in Sonoma county…..

32. Riseing phionex
    Riseing phionex 4 May, 2016, 08:31

If you hire an attorney do not hire one from county the situation with CPS happened.County court-you will loose,State appeal -you will loose,Federal court you may win but only money not your child.You must go back and reopen it all asap from the county to State To federal to Supreme court to World courts.You must with all of your will
    Understand CPS was created as this by Walter Mondale and Bill Clinton it is a secret agenda to control parents who are not as they want…the method they use is divide and conquer…Sonoma County like law enforcement hire predators and violent offenders on purpose…disgusting people who enjoy sociopathic behavior ….good luck you’ll need it …..also be careful a lot of lawyers and organizations are just CPS trying to trick you ……it’s a war my friends

33. Anthony Grimes
    Anthony Grimes 30 November, 2016, 18:19

Due to an allegation of Domestic Violence my 3 children were taken by San Francisco CPS. In January of 2015. The alleged Domestic Violence was not proven . Our children were placed in foster care for 11 months. My wife was successful in getting our children returned in December of 2015. Our children were home for 4 Months. My Children’s case was closed April 14, 2016. In San Francisco Superior Court. Four days after the case was closed a San Francisco social worker
    Came to my children’s and wife home on April 18, 2016. The social began questioning our children in private. The social worker left and turned with the police. The social worker demanded entry into my Wife and children’s home. The San Francisco County Social Worker returned at 3am in the morning on April 19, 2016. The worker came with the Brisbane Police, entered our home and removed our 3 children. Ages 5, 4, and 3. This was a warrantless removal without. A warrant provable cause exigent circumstances. Our Children were taken because our children’s Godmother told the SF Social Worker my wife was text messaging me in court the day my children’s case was closed. On April 14, 2016.
    Our children’s Godmother is a licensed foster mother. The Godmother fabricated that my wife and I were text messaging. Our children have been placed in their Godmother home. The Godmother is receiving monthly payments for housing our children. My wife and I have filed a lawsuit against San Francisco Human Services Agency and the county worker for the warrantless removal of our children. We also filed a claim against the city of Brisbane police for the warrantless removal of our children. San Francisco Human Services Agency and their county worker’s and our children’s Godmother have retaliated against me by falsely accusing me of sexually abusing my 5 year old daughter. The San Francisco county worker personally contacted the Brisbane Police and filed a report against me. Prior to this act of retaliation by SF Human Services Agency. Our children’s case was transferred to San Mateo County. Due to the fact, my wife and children home is in San Mateo county, at the time of the warrantless removal of our children.Now the San Francisco Human Services Agency. And the San Mateo County Human Services Agency
    and the Brisbane Police and District Attorney, are interviewing my ex wife daughter trying to get her to say she was sexually abused by me. Our children’s Godmother fabricated this up. In her efforts to get our parental rights terminated. Our children’s Godmother wants to adopt our children for monitory reasons. The District Attorney of San Mateo is reviewing the Brisbane Police report. They have fabricated criminal charges
    Against me because my wife and i filed a civil lawsuit against San Francisco County Human Services Agency and the county worker for taking our children without having a warrant
    I’m searching for an attorney for our civil lawsuit. I’m also searching for an attorney to represent me for the false sexabuse. Please we need help.

34. Famiyof10
    Famiyof10 26 April, 2017, 13:44

I need to organize a protest in contra costa county. get the word out, and file a civil lawsuit. Our 9 yo was taken on false charges and for no emergency or anything. Her father was late to pick her up for a visit with her biological mother, who called CPS and now she has been gone for 90 days, and who knows when we will get her back! the court appointed attorneys force you to agree to a “mediated” or changing the language charge, and then think that you need to do classes and everything else they want you to do. We have 4 other children in our home, and only one is gone! the one that has a crooked crazy mother who doesn’t care about her. She is my step daughter, and we are a family with a new baby. we love and take great care of all of our children and now our 9yo daughter is suffering so badly and at the expense of CFS. they are ripping family’s apart. ANY ADVICE would be great!! or anyone who’d like to help protest in contra costa, please tips on organizing would be appreciated!!

35. Jerusha McDonald
    Jerusha McDonald 23 August, 2017, 16:15

Everything about there system is wrong. Dont we pay taxes isn’t our choice how things should be handled? Why is it that so many people are being done wrongly by people who we pay to do their job right?

Your e-mail address will not be published.
Required fields are marked*