Sen. Feinstein cheers Gov. Brown’s High-Speed Rail plan

April 12, 2012

By Brian Calle

It does not come as a big surprise that Democratic Sen. Diane Feinstein supports Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown’s revised plan for the boondoggle High-Speed Rail project that would cost taxpayers billions of dollars. What is telling, however, is that the senator cautioned about the availability of federal funds to complete the project.

Addressing media in Sacramento on Tuesday, Feinstein said, “Do I think it’s doable? Yes. Do I think it’s doable with all the bells and whistles? No,” referring to the rail project.

Feinstein’s remarks, whether intended or unintended, signal a larger challenge for backers of the High-Speed Fail, er, Rail. That is, if federal support for the project is in fact limited and political support for the project in Washington is waning, the project could be dead sooner rather than later.

As reported by the Sacramento Bee, “The revised high-speed rail plan unveiled by the Brown administration late last month relies heavily on federal dollars, counting on $41.9 billion of the projected $68 billion needed for the project coming from the federal government.”

Without federal dollars, Brown’s plan will fail despite Sen. Feinstein’s cheers.

1. larry 62
    larry 62 12 April, 2012, 11:35

Vote the old lady out of office. She is nearing 80 and I don’t believe we need 6 more years of her supporting JB.

2. Beelzebub
    Beelzebub 12 April, 2012, 11:43

Queen DiFi voted in favor of TARP for God’s sake!!!!

Why wouldn’t she also support Cali high-speed rail?

If it waddles and quacks it’s a duck!

My guess is that she’ll continue to call the shots even if it’s from a bed in a convalescent home! She’s a power hungry witch!

3. Bob
    Bob 12 April, 2012, 15:29

I’m so sick of [email protected]

She and her government contract welfare husband have been around forever and have cost the taxpayers untold fortunes.

It seems like the evil ones never retire, never die. They just perpetually screw us.

4. Bob
    Bob 12 April, 2012, 15:31

I don’t see how anyone can spend a career researching and writing about these corrupt politicians and our corrupt government.

Spending 5 minutes on this Web site makes me want to pull my hair out.

If I had to spend a career writing about this stuff I’d go insane.

5. Bob
    Bob 12 April, 2012, 15:34

And especially today after I spent $500 getting my taxes done and having a total income tax liability of $40,000 to the feds and state.

And that’s just income tax, not Socialist Slave tax, Medifraud tax, Colliefornia “disablility” tax and then there’s property tax, sales tax, excise taxes…excuse me, I’m sick.

6. queeg
    queeg 13 April, 2012, 07:37

She is a gothic diva…bow before your Master….she is so touching….six more yrs.

7. gchapman
    gchapman 24 April, 2013, 03:19

So with Tutor Perini winning the bid for the first set of track you would thnik it relevant to note who benefits from them winning that contract, yet I’ve found not a single mention of Dianne Feinstein’s husband, Richard Blum and his connection to Tutor Perini as one of the principle owners.

Yeah no conflict of interest there.

CA ports and trade busy, but could be more competitive

California is home to 11 major ports spanning the 1,000 miles of coast between the North Coast near Oregon, and

In Long Beach, taxis to copy the Uber approach

The arrival of Uber and Lyft has had a radical effect on surface transportation and seems likely to lead to

Gov. Brown’s Prop. 30 ego trip: How … Schwarzeneggerian!

Nov. 19, 2012 By Chris Reed There was a triumphal quality to Jerry Brown’s speech Friday at the Moscone Center