Deja vu: Aging rockers back rich government workers

Deja vu: Aging rockers back rich government workers

Oct. 5, 2012

By John Seiler

I’m still partial to Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young’s early albums. I’m listening to “Deja Vu” free on YouTube.

But along with their waistlines, their left-wing politics haven’t improved with age. They’re backing the ultra-powerful state government-worker unions, whose policies have spiked pay and pensions while bankrupting the state, in opposing Proposition 32. Among other things, Prop. 32 would ban unions from extracting political contributions from government-workers’ paychecks. The workers still could contribute on their own to political campaigns.

The antiquated folk rockers just joined Tom Morello from Rage Against the Machine in an anti-32 fundraiser. Morello charged that Prop. 32 “is another of the brushfire wars in this ongoing class warfare assault of the ruling class on working families.”

He’s raging the wrong way. In California, the “ruling class” is the fat-cat government-worker unions, obsessed with protecting $100,000-plus pensions. And California’s government workers, according to a new analysis by the Center for Continuing Study of the California Economy, average $70,777 a year in pay, the highest of any state.

The rockers sang Woody Guthrie’s “This Land Is Your Land,” reportedly including the line, “As they stood there hungry, I stood there asking/ Is this land made for you and me?”

“stood there hungry” on $70,777 a year? These guys obviously have been inhaling too much medical sherm.

If anybody’s “hungry” it’s private-sector workers laid off from their jobs because the high taxes and absurd regulations backed by the government-worker unions have laid waste to the private sector.

1. Ulysses Uhaul
    Ulysses Uhaul 5 October, 2012, 10:14

Sometimes wonder if too much stimulation is healthy for CWD doomers.

This incessant, repetitive, cruel class warfare against hard working government workers is just awful….

Can’t we all get along together?

2. Rex the Wonder Dog!
    Rex the Wonder Dog! 5 October, 2012, 10:43

============

Correct, troughies are the new 1%’ers…………

3. Mntngoat
    Mntngoat 5 October, 2012, 10:54

Now that’s just hilarious Ulysses “hard working government workers” excuse me why I get up off the floor, I fell over from laughing so hard….

4. Ulysses Uhaul
    Ulysses Uhaul 5 October, 2012, 11:12

Goat Guy……glad to oblidge….another wonderful FREE government service!

5. CalWatchdog
    CalWatchdog Author 5 October, 2012, 11:36

This is yet more evidence that most rock stars and actors have limited talent, and are light on reality. They live in a bubble, by design.

Katy

6. Dyspeptic
    Dyspeptic 6 October, 2012, 12:10

“Can’t we all get along together?”

Sure UU, lets all hold hands, and sing Kumbaya, then everyone can hug the person to their right. Oooh, I’m getting warm fuzzies just thinking about it.
    NOT!

So long as you collectivist, eco-nazi, illegal alien hugging, gun grabbing, moocher sob sisters keep stealing from me, lying to me and messing with my civil rights under color of authority, you will get no slack from me. Take your smarmy blather and insert it somewhere.

7. Dyspeptic
    Dyspeptic 6 October, 2012, 12:23

“The rockers sang Woody Guthrie’s “This Land Is Your Land,””

That was always a corny, tear jerker tune. Never liked it myself. Needless to say it’s a ridiculous sentiment when applied to state workers.

The way I look at it is like this: We should treat musicians, actors and artists the way European royalty did in the 17th and 18th century. Just think of them as idiot savants or permanently childish persons. Pay them well for their gift of the muse but pay them no attention otherwise.

8. Rex the Wonder Dog!
    Rex the Wonder Dog! 6 October, 2012, 17:56

LOL..Teddy will NEVER recover from that beat down 🙂

9. Ulysses Uhaul
    Ulysses Uhaul 6 October, 2012, 19:42

How was your date with Big Betty?

Jalapeno poppers and Kessler on the rocks in your swamp coolered single wide watching old Batman TV reruns is SO romantic!