Tag "U.S. Census"

Back to homepage

Shutdown blacks out U.S. Census site

It's taken a week, but I finally was affected by the federal government “shutdown” (which actually only closes, temporarily, 17 percent of the government; leaving 83 percent still operating). computer softwares I went to the U.S. Census's Web site, census.gov,

Read More

Dueling demographers: When will CA’s population hit 50 million? 11

April 25, 2012 By Wayne Lusvardi When will California’s population “pop” at 50 million persons?  Two recent studies conducted by the Population Dynamics Research Group at the University of Souther California and the Public Policy Institute of California differ widely

Read More

CA Gov. Workers Best Paid in USA 0

John Seiler: Of all the 50 states, California’s government workers make the highest pay, averaging $5,774 a month in March 2010, according to U.S. Census data. That works out to $69,288 a year. Local government workers in Washington, D.C., made

Read More

Actually, Jerry, Blacks Exiting CA

John Seiler: In an address yesterday to the NAACP, Gov. Jerry Brown contrasted his highly tolerant and politically correct self with a predecessor. According the Bee, he “said that California has come a long way since the state’s first civilian governor said

Read More

Time to Split California East/West 0

John Seiler: As I noted earlier, the redistricting essentially splits California in two: about two-thirds of the populace lives in predominantly Democratic coastal areas from the Bay Area down through Los Angeles County. The rest live in predominantly Republican areas,

Read More

Southern Cal Expelling Families 12

APRIL 7, 2011 By JOHN SEILER Using data from the 2010 U.S. Census, analysis from various think tanks will be trickling out. One of the most revealing just was released by the Brookings Institution on America’s child population (boldface in

Read More