Vote for the Democrat

John Seiler:

Mike Villines, the taxpayer-assaulting Assembly Republican, has pulled ahead in the Republican race to be nominated to be insurance commissioner.  Yet he voted for Arnold’s record $13 billion 2009 tax increase. John and Ken, the KFI radio guys in Los Angeles, branded him a Tax Traitor.

If he stays ahead in the nomination, then he should be opposed and the Democrat, Dave Jones, preferred.

Villines was elected on a promise to not increase taxes. Then he turned Tax Traitor and jacked up all our taxes. I feel it every day when I buy a hot dog or a beer. And with a couple of weeks I have to pay the massive car tax hike he imposed on me.

Besides his locker, I don’t know much about Dave Jones. Maybe he’s a tax increaser, too. But at least we expect that of Democrats.

All Republicans who back tax increases should be defeated. That’s the first order of business. They all need to get that message.

If Kim Jong Il were running against Villines, I’d prefer Kim.

No comments

1. StevefromSacto
    StevefromSacto 17 June, 2010, 16:23

“If Kim Jong Il were running against Villines, I’d prefer Kim.”

If that statement doesn’t show the sheer lunacy of the Rabid Right, nothing will.

What’s next: You’d rather have Osama as governor than increase the car tax?

2. John Seiler
    John Seiler 17 June, 2010, 19:17

It was a joke, StevefromSacto. And I’m not part of the Rabid Right. I had my rabies shot last month.

I thought you would be elated with my backing a Democrat. But I guess there’s just no pleasing some people.

3. Tyler
    Tyler 18 June, 2010, 08:23

If only there were some way to convey sarcasm over the computer…

4. StevefromSacto
    StevefromSacto 18 June, 2010, 09:43

Sorry, John, but in this era of “heads on a stick”, it’s sometimes difficult to differentiate between a joke and a sincere statement. The hatred aimed at Villines, Anthony Adams and others who dared support a tax increase is truly frightening.

I do appreciate your supporting Dave Jones. He’s an honorable man and very pro-consumer.

I didn’t mean to include you personally in my condemnation of the Rapid Right. And I promise not to call you a “Loony Libertarian”.

5. Tyler
    Tyler 18 June, 2010, 13:26

How come you didnt give Liberals or Progressives a cute nickname? I think they would feel a little bit left out if they knew about this.

6. Tyler
    Tyler 18 June, 2010, 13:30

Hold on, If Jones is an honerable man, what the hell is he doing trying to become a Sacramento Politician? Everyone knows you dont leave Sacramento Politics with honor or your soul.

7. StevefromSacto
    StevefromSacto 19 June, 2010, 08:12

Tyler, I suggest you attend a tea party meeting. There you’ll find all the “cute” nicknames about liberals and progressives you want: you know, communists, socialists, traitors, unAamerican, and so forth. Otr just listen to Rush or Glenn Beck.

Is climate a winning issue for Tom Steyer?

Can the climate vote? According to National Journal, billionaire hedge-fund maestro Tom Steyer is considering a run for the U.S.

CA Democrats push to ease voter registration

California Democrats succeeded in sending Gov. Jerry Brown legislation that would substantially expand voter registration. The move teed up a

Race is on for 37th state Senate District

The race is on to fill three vacant state Senate seats. According to Gov. Jerry Brown’s office, he just issued