People I don’t want to hear from in 2013

Jan. 1, 2012

By Katy Grimes

images

As I was reflecting back on 2012 last evening right before midnight, I realized that the events of the year were made to happen by people – we cannot think about the good and bad events without acknowledging the people behind them.

The list of people I never want to hear from again is long:

Sandra Fluke – 30-year old Georgetown law student, feminist activist, obsessed with free contraception

Jesse Jackson – race-baiting shakedown artist

Mary Nichols – arrogant, unaccountable bureaucrat who heads up the California Air Resources Board… calling her ‘unaccountable’ is kind.

Anyone on unemployment for 99 weeks

The Sacramento Bee Editorial Board – always wrong, always out of step, always liberal

Michael Moore – wealthy documentary movie maker, conservative hater, pontificator-in-chief

Independent voters – desperate for media attention

Harry Reid – one of the nastiest politicians in American history

Nancy Pelosi – House Minority Leader, who led her party to become a minority

Labor unions

Low information voters – morons with voting rights

President Barack Obama – campaigning since 2004

Republican Strategists – the smart guys who lost another national election and got paid millions for losing

Leslie Marshall – radio talk show host, big mouth, husband is a doctor

Iowa caucus

Eva Longoria – Hollywood actress, should forgo political endorsements in the future… and speaking roles

anything Kardashian

local television news – is no longer news or reporting. Talking in soundbites is not news, nor is chasing down crime victims and sticking cameras and microphones in their faces.

And a few California politicians who have a special place in my heart, who we will be hearing plenty from in 2013 – particularly with a Democratic supermajority in the Legislature:

Senate President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg, D-Sacramento – wolf in sheep’s clothing

Sen. Kevin de Leon, D-Los Angeles – “How do I love me? Let me count the ways.”

Sen. Mark Leno, D-San Francisco – represents San Francisco

Gov. Jerry Brown – Governor Moonbeam, fading to a crescent moon?

California Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom – wants desperately to be governor… or somebody famous

Assembly Speaker John Perez – the intimidator

The people on this list have one thing in common; they believe that citizens exist for the government. Is this really who we want representing us?

Who do you want to add to this list?

Happy 2013.

1. Richard deSousa
    Richard deSousa 1 January, 2013, 11:25

The voters voted in a Democrat majority in Sacramento. Now let them sleep in their beds and reap the failures surely to come in the near future. Crazyfornia and these voters deserve each other.

2. Phineas
    Phineas 1 January, 2013, 11:59

Kamala Harris. A disaster waiting to run for governor.

3. us citizen
    us citizen 1 January, 2013, 12:59

Michelle Ovamit
    Villagrosa, LA mayor
    Feinstein and Boxer
    Bob Beckel
    And my fav……..ANY illegal alien demanding rights

4. ExPFCWintergreen
    ExPFCWintergreen 1 January, 2013, 13:56

SEIU, CTA, Leland Yee

5. Dyspeptic
    Dyspeptic 1 January, 2013, 14:20

“Independent voters – desperate for media attention”

This is an odd group to take a swipe at and an inaccurate characterization of what is a very diverse group. I have been a decline-to-state voter for decades and have no intention of changing my registration nor am I looking for “media attention”. A lot of folks are just sick and tired of the stupid Red Team vs. Blue Team rigged game. Can you blame them? Who in their right minds would want to register with the Tweedledum or Tweedledee party as an officially recognized partisan drone?

6. David Yates
    David Yates 1 January, 2013, 14:36

Dianne Feinstein, any one in Hollywood none of them are special as far as I’m concerned,NY Mayor Bloomberg, I think that would cover it pretty well.

7. SeeSaw

Dick Morris
    Mitt Romney
    Scott Walker
    Joe Arpaio

9. CalWatchdog
    CalWatchdog Author 1 January, 2013, 16:55

The swipe at Independent voters is at the large group of indecisive voters who seem to relish the media attention up to voting day.

Katy

10. us citizen
    us citizen 1 January, 2013, 16:56

SeeSaw

11. NTHEOC
    NTHEOC 1 January, 2013, 16:58

Great list SeeSaw, lets add some more…
    -Chris Christie
    -All teaparty members
    -Koch Bros

12. NTHEOC
    NTHEOC 1 January, 2013, 17:00

Steven Greenhut

13. SeeSaw
    SeeSaw 1 January, 2013, 17:19

US Citizen, I might not agree with many people–but I do have enough respect to refer to them by their names/screen handles–not epithets.

14. ExPFCWintergreen
    ExPFCWintergreen 1 January, 2013, 17:31

Mary Nichols
    The Sierra Club
    CLCV

15. SeeSaw
    SeeSaw 1 January, 2013, 17:33

The group you refer to an Independent Voters, are what I refer to as “Undecided Voters”–the ones who love the attention.

16. SeeSaw
    SeeSaw 1 January, 2013, 17:38

Jan Brewer
    Rick Perry
    Mike Huckabee
    Hank Williams, Jr.
    Ted Nugent
    Kid Rock
    Jeff Foxworthy

17. us citizen
    us citizen 1 January, 2013, 17:52

When you deserve my respect I will address you/them properly, until then, anything goes.

18. SeeSaw
    SeeSaw 1 January, 2013, 17:53

Kelsey Grammar
    Gene Simmons

19. Bubba
    Bubba 1 January, 2013, 17:55

Don’t forget DiFi, St. Hillary, Al Sharpton, Mayor Bloomberg, to name a few!

20. SeeSaw
    SeeSaw 1 January, 2013, 17:56

“Cop out” response, US Citizen. Of course, that’s all you can say, because you have no excuse.

21. CalWatchdog
    CalWatchdog Author 1 January, 2013, 18:20

I can’t believe that I left Mary Nichols off my list! She should be at the top.

Katy

22. Rex the Wonder Dog!
    Rex the Wonder Dog! 1 January, 2013, 18:56

us citizen says:

SeeSaw
    ===
    🙂

23. us citizen
    us citizen 1 January, 2013, 21:08

No seesaw……its not a cop out answer…….its legit………you dont deserve respect…..you EARN it. And my standards are higher than what they can give.

24. Rex the Wonder Dog!
    Rex the Wonder Dog! 1 January, 2013, 21:43

seesaw, US Cit is correct.

25. SeeSaw
    SeeSaw 1 January, 2013, 23:02

Carly Fiorina

26. Rex the Wonder Dog!
    Rex the Wonder Dog! 1 January, 2013, 23:33

Dyspeptic says:
    “Independent voters – desperate for media attention”

Dyspeptic – me and you are on the same channel, 100%. Been Independant for 15 years now, after the dems tossed the poor and middle class under the bus for public employees.

27. CalWatchdog
    CalWatchdog Author 2 January, 2013, 09:41

Editor’s note: I deleted some posts here because they slipped into name calling. New Year’s Resolution: Keep it civil, folks.

— John Seiler

28. jimmydeeoc
    jimmydeeoc 2 January, 2013, 10:43

Zeezaw—-

Jeff Foxworthy? Really?

I’ll accept your disdain for some of the more prominent members of the Pundit & Political class…….but Foxworthy?

Of all people, HE’S the guy that gets your blood boiling? I find that hard to believe.

Your leftist zealotry wins again. Like a child’s bedtime prayer, which as we know becomes a recitation of every known person – and their pets. You turned what at first was a clever retort to Katy’s original post into a silly circus act.

Congratulations! I give you a 9.5/10 on the Shark Jumping.

29. Sean Morham
    Sean Morham 2 January, 2013, 13:14

I can t recall the name, but there was a column in the SF Chronicle from some chef/blogger that said his remorsefu feelings about the massacre in Newtown were trumped by his disdain of Mike Huckabee’s comments attributing cause: to taking prayer out of the schools. Mr. Huckabee’s comments are his opinions and whether one agrees or not, to have the sadness trumped by that comment, oh please, go away Mr Chef Blogger.

30. Rex the Wonder Dog!
    Rex the Wonder Dog! 2 January, 2013, 17:33

– John Seiler
    ==

seesaw is a big bully- she made me cry!

31. us citizen
    us citizen 2 January, 2013, 18:00

She made me cry too Rex……….but then I got over it because I didnt want to waste the tears on irrelevancy.

32. SeeSaw
    SeeSaw 2 January, 2013, 19:14

Don’t know if my posts were removed or not. I don’t recall name calling. I said Rex and US citizen had no respect for people of repute, because they cannot address them by their real names and I said that Rex and US were classless. If that is namecalling, I am guilty.

For heavens sake, Rex and Us!

JimmyDeec I was just naming every Republican that supported Mitt Romney that I could think of–I actually like Jeff Foxworthy, Kid Rock, and Kelsey Grammar. But, Hank Willims Jr. and Ted Nugent are unredeemable.

33. SeeSaw
    SeeSaw 2 January, 2013, 20:05

Agree with you Sean, believe it or not. Nothing will ever erase the feelings of desolation I have over the murders of those little babies.

34. PappyD
    PappyD 2 January, 2013, 20:46

My list is simple, Liberals. All of them are idiots. If they want a Socialist style government I suggest they move to a country with one

35. Rex the Wonder Dog!
    Rex the Wonder Dog! 2 January, 2013, 22:56

==
    seesaw, whose name was I making fun of, Clown?? CalTURDS (not a person!!!).

36. SeeSaw
    SeeSaw 3 January, 2013, 09:08

Guess you never will get it Rex. Go ahead–spend the rest of your life stuck in your pre-teens.

37. SeeSaw
    SeeSaw 3 January, 2013, 19:35

I already live in the greatest country on earth, PappyD–I’m not going anywhere. If you don’t like what you get with our government, you have a vote–if you don’t like the results of our elections, you will have to deak with any choice of whether or not to move to some other country.

38. Rex the Wonder Dog!