Trust in govt. drops to new low

Trust in govt. drops to new low

A new Gallup Poll shows what we all know just from talking to people: Trust in government is at a new low.

gallup chart

Just 19 percent say they trust government “Just about always/Most of the time.” Must be government workers and their kin.

An appallingly low 81 percent trust the government “Only some of the time/Never.”

That’s not surprising. At this point, most of us have had experience with long DMV lines, arrogant and even brutal cops, thumb-screws from the IRS or the Franchise tax board and ignorant politicians.

The surprise is why all those 81 percent don’t vote for the Libertarian Party instead of what Ralph Nader calls the “duopoly” of Republicans and Democrats. On the other hand, voting also has plummeted, with just 13 percent taking part in the June 6 primary in Los Angeles.

Even if they’ve never heard it, people seem to be taking to heart the old libertarian slogan, “Don’t vote. It only encourages them.”

4 comments

Write a comment
  1. Donkey
    Donkey 24 August, 2014, 14:46

    People in the private sector have long wondered what it is the RAGWUS does for them that requires so much of their money and they are quickly coming to the realization that they really do very little with the tax dollars that are stolen from their labor. Over 90% of our taxes go for pay, benefits and pensions for the RAGWUS feeders, the other 10% is flat out wasted on nothing at all. 🙂

    Reply this comment
  2. T Mind of Ted Your God
    T Mind of Ted Your God 24 August, 2014, 15:29

    90% for pensions and comp!

    LMAO

    Duncey the sad clown!

    Reply this comment
  3. fletch92131
    fletch92131 24 August, 2014, 17:59

    I believe that too much/many programs are being run by the federal government, when they should be privatized/outsourced to private industry. OMB Circular A-76, http://bit.ly/VMWYRe, gives the federal government for fairly wide spread authority to outsource jobs are not non-decision-making, yet too-little of this is being done. See my blog on this subject here: http://bit.ly/1jLhJmy

    Reply this comment
  4. Queeg
    Queeg 24 August, 2014, 21:00

    The Duke of Sunset Beach keeps carping and we laugh……must have had a bad Texas Scramble at Denny’s this evening!

    Reply this comment

Write a Comment

Leave a Reply


Tags assigned to this article:
electionsJohn SeilervotingGallup Poll

Related Articles

Dismal election turnout

The California Secretary of State’s office just released figures showing the Nov. 4 election suffered the worst turnout rate ever.

Republicans raise concern of voter fraud in Orange County, statewide election

Top Republicans have questioned the integrity of the California’s election results in recent days, forcing the state’s top election official

Imagining Governor Leary…

Been reading Orange Sunshine: The Brotherhood of Eternal Love and its Quest to Spread, Peace, Love, and Acid to the