VIDEO: Is California becoming the boring state?

VIDEO: Is California becoming the boring state?

Demographics are not on the side of the Golden State. The people we need to live here are leaving. Reason Magazine’s Editor Matt Welch joins CalWatchdog’s James Poulos to talk about his greatest fear of all: California gets boring.

1. LetitCollapse
    LetitCollapse 20 October, 2014, 23:27

This guy is the editor for Reason Mag? Immigrants aren’t choosing California? HAH! Has this guy ever driven through East LA? SE San Diego? Santa Ana? Oakland? Riverside? San Berdoo? Somebody should tell him that 35% of the kids in K-12 in California can’t speak a lick of english! hah. Somebody should take this dude on a tour of California. Does he live in the state or is Reason Mag HQ’ed somewhere else?

Oh, and California will find some magical formula to escape it’s problems? Sorry. The barndoor is wide open and all the horses escaped. This is not Alice in Wonderland. This is REALITY, my friend. Cali is going down. All you will have here in 20 years are illegals or anchor babies, government workers and a handful of journalists lying to whoever dare to stay. And when the money runs out for food stamps, Section 8, AFDC, WIC, free medical, etc… you will relive South Central 1992 X 100. Nobody wants to speak the truth anymore. Everybody’s running scared. Political correctness rules! 🙂

2. Ulysses Uhaul
    Ulysses Uhaul 21 October, 2014, 10:37

At a boy. Get it all out….ah…..must feel better!

3. John Seiler
    John Seiler 21 October, 2014, 13:52

CA has been boring ever since Annette Funicello died.

4. Ulysses Uhaul
    Ulysses Uhaul 21 October, 2014, 16:38

Post of the month…….really fine person taken too soon.

5. Bill Gore
    Bill Gore 21 October, 2014, 19:57

Of course CA has gotten ‘boring’.It always was overated anyway. Young, edgy creative energy can’t afford the cost of living or put up with the tax/regulatory entaglements that strangle young businesses in the crib. So the 20-somethings that own the future are in Austin, Portland, Seattle (and Eugene, Corvallis Bend). The same thing has happened in New York.

6. T Ted E-- Mind of your Godhead Ted
    T Ted E-- Mind of your Godhead Ted 21 October, 2014, 22:12

Isn’t it sort of ironic? I am a bit left of you boys and girls and frankly several of you probably wouldn’t like me or approve of me in any way and I am enjoying a fabulous life here in Cali. While most of you seem to be miserable whining phobic twirps….It is just wonderful and I don;t think I could EVER move. I even liked it when I didn’t have any money and was working 3 jobs— I mean beaches? Waves? beautiful women? great landscapes everywhere you look? a growing and eclectic ethnic population? I mean I could go on really —-but I just LOVE this place!

Going to Southern Cal next week to visit relatives– I love it down there too!!!

Thanks Gov Brown– you brought us back from a doomer apocalypse

• T Ted E-- Mind of your Godhead Ted
      T Ted E-- Mind of your Godhead Ted 21 October, 2014, 22:24

Well—- sorry—– you are mostly a good solid lot of doomer/patriots only a few are whining phobics—-and u know who you are.

• John Seiler
      John Seiler 21 October, 2014, 22:51

Do you get a govt. retirement check?

• T Ted E-- Mind of your Godhead Ted
        T Ted E-- Mind of your Godhead Ted 22 October, 2014, 13:07

A retirement check for the T Ted E? ?Well yes John I do— and I am grateful to get it!— But it is based on a VERY brief employment, about 5 years or so, in my youth (I am 79 now as you know). It is a very small check and all I did to earn it was work for it, complete what I promised to do and leave my money in the system for all of these many years—–This small check each month though has little to do with my happiness and prosperity in the Eureka state. My happiness is based on a life well lived spiritually, hard work, a great family and a very aggressive outdoor sporting life.

But the little stipend is fun! My work experience though did color my life in terms of issues we see out here all of the time. I was honored to work those 5 years with incredible young professionals who were dedicated to the public service mission. Of course most are old now, some died while in public service, some of old age and all part of a wonderful chapter in my early work life.

Thanks for asking John! T Ted ™ Abides!

• Bill Gore
      Bill Gore 22 October, 2014, 09:32

VOSD (Voice of San Diego) often has articles lamenting the fact that all these great little neighborhoods (South Park, Hillcrest, etc) that attract the young and trendy, while boasting great demographics, also have high turnover. About the time a young couple has their first kid, or decides its time to buy a house, or hang out a shingle in a profession or business, they run into a huge ‘barrier to entry’ cost wall. This is not doomer propaganda, it is just fact.

7. LetitCollapse
    LetitCollapse 22 October, 2014, 07:28

Wait until the ship begins to list due to all the financial gamemanship like the central banks infusing $200 BILLION of QE each quarter into the markets to keep them afloat!!! LOL! That’s nearly $1T each year!!! Once the QE stops the financial markets fall like a ton of brick! Oh, and all this QE cuts into YOUR purchasing power. When you increase the money supply that is not based on production it forces prices UP! The fuse has been lit and it’s only a matter of time. Simple math. You can’t infuse TRILLIONS of fiat currency into the system without paying a HUGE price down the road.
    When the ship begins to list you won’t be bored any more! I PROMISE YOU!!! You will have more excitement than you could possibly handle – Annette Funicello or no Annette Funicello!!! LOL! 😀

• Bill Gore
      Bill Gore 22 October, 2014, 09:37

Remember when it was fun to fly? People smoked on the plane and the stewardesses were HOT and friendly

• LetitCollapse
        LetitCollapse 22 October, 2014, 10:07

I remember when retail book stores sold joke books on religion and race and sexual orientation. And it wasn’t that long ago. We could all laugh at ourselves. We didn’t take ourselves so darn seriously. In my high school we kids made fun of our own ethnicities. All the races got along great. Today the American mood is incredibly intense. People are wound tight as a spring. Most Americans have lost their sense of humor. All the great comedians are dead. Compare today’s comedians to all the great classic ones of the 40’s, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s. That will tell you the direction America has taken. They’ve screwed up the whole country. I don’t even recognize it anymore. They took a beautiful creation and destroyed it!!! 🙁

• T Ted E-- Mind of your Godhead Ted
          T Ted E-- Mind of your Godhead Ted 22 October, 2014, 13:17

I am so sad for you Collapso!

Things are still great!

You know little buddy, those salad years you recollect when high school kids like yourself made fun of race, sexual orientation and the like were also years where minorities, women, American patriots of various sexual orientations and gender identities, was also a time of lynchings, bullying, nascent discrimination, and religious bigotry. The stories are legion and so well documented. The world knows well our progress and our very sad history.

To be very kind, your POV is’ let’s say’ “provincial” at very best.

America has always been, and is now a work in progress. Try to stay positive little buddy, there are so many reasons to do so!

And as always I salute you for resisting what I know is a strong temptation to revert back to the 7th grade in your postings!

Your Mentor– T Ted E System

• LetitCollapse
            LetitCollapse 22 October, 2014, 13:31

You didn’t read my post, dummy.
            We made fun of our OWN ethnicities. I made fun of my own race. We had a sense of humor and never took ourselves seriously. And we all got along great together. Obviously, you would not have fit in at my high school because you seem to have the sense of humor of a damn rattlesnake! So I am very happy that you did not attend my high school. And it was fortunate for you too. You probably would’ve had a nervous breakdown! 😀

• T Ted E-- Mind of your Godhead Ted
            T Ted E-- Mind of your Godhead Ted 22 October, 2014, 13:46

Collapso– You have yet again revealed your bad self.

I can see from your post that you have spent little if any time in any private enterprise organization as even middle management. Probably no time in the private workforce at all is my guess.

If you had spent ANY time in the private labor force in the last 25 years or so
            you would have been required to attend sexual harassment training where you would have learned about the damage created when morons “make fun” of races or insular minorities whether directly to the minority or as you so CLEVERLY admitted to each other.

Every day I learn more about your incredible limitations.

• Donkey
            Donkey 23 October, 2014, 08:10

I feel sad for you TCS, unable to come to conclusions on your own without being taught by the state how to act. My Dad taught his kids one lesson on behavior, “learn to discipline yourself in public, so others don’t have to do it for you.” At least twenty times this year I have counseled teens in public on the use of swear words and demeaning terms for women and a clown like you sees the world as a better place because of state run ethics workshops. You are beyond ignorant TCS. 🙂

• T Ted E-- Mind of your Godhead Ted
            T Ted E-- Mind of your Godhead Ted 23 October, 2014, 08:27

Duncey— I can visualize you “chatting” with teenagers that you don’t know! Nice……..you’re sooooooooo brave little buddy! LMAO!

• Donkey
            Donkey 24 October, 2014, 07:45

TCS, you are afraid of your own shadow, that is why you hide from the truth you thieving statist crook!!

Teens today understand and respect the truth when told directly by a man TCS, an attribute you have never known. 🙂 🙂

• T Ted E-- Mind of your Godhead Ted
        T Ted E-- Mind of your Godhead Ted 22 October, 2014, 13:25

Those “hot” stews hated being hit on on every single flight buy the moronic self satisfied losers who traveled and drank like the slugs they truly were. This was so common to be nearly archetypal.

I witnessed many bloated whisky drinking latharios trying to work their tiresome and clumsy “magic” on many “hot” flight attendants. Most of these meat eating mouth breathers were the same “job creators” who post angry rurgs on a daily basis!

LOL

• Donkey
          Donkey 23 October, 2014, 08:00

A real man would have defended the honor of those flight attendants TCS, too bad you were the one on the flight, I would have asked them to control there behavior, or I would control it for them. The RAGEUS is saturated with cowards that love to steal from the private sector, then hide behind immoral laws. 🙂

• T Ted E-- Mind of your Godhead Ted
            T Ted E-- Mind of your Godhead Ted 23 October, 2014, 08:25

LOL

Duncey– Internet tough guy! I KNEW you’d be back quickly!!! LMAO———–I’m certain that you would have been the pudgy bidnessman in my airplane scenario, drinking yourself into a romantic stupor and slobbering over the “hot” flight attendants with you little buddy Collapso!!!!

Hurry===== post right away slave troll!

• S Moderation Douglas