College is ‘a racket’

College is ‘a racket’

May 4, 2012

By John Seiler

I salute the rising generation! Although they are subjected to P.C. brainwashing from preschool through graduate or professional school, may are rebelling.

In the following video, a smart girl bids her “farewell to college.” And it’s from the University of Utah, supposedly one of the more “conservative” schools around, because it’s in Utah. But it’s really just as P.C. as other schools.

The girl says she’s in the theatre department, but mostly learns about how great socialism and Marxism are. Yet the Marxist Soviet Union collapsed more than 20 years ago! After murdering 62 million people, according to demographer R.J. Rummel. And we’re now 34 years past when China dumped Marxism, which murdered 39 million people there.

Why are our tax dollars funding the proponents of the ideology of mass murder?

It’s a “complete racket” from primary school through to college, she says, “a factory that turns out statists by the millions.”

What an inspiration.

She says the way to learn something is to learn it as a trade. After all, in her field, Shakespeare and Sophocles never suffered through a university “theatre” department Marxism brainwashing session.

1. Rogue Elephant
    Rogue Elephant 4 May, 2012, 17:39

Theatre major w/ a minor in agit prop.

2. queeg
    queeg 4 May, 2012, 18:05

it takes a village…ala Hillary Clinton…..but if everyone in the village are the posters on this site….hmmmmm.

3. Beelzebub
    Beelzebub 4 May, 2012, 21:32

That’s my kinda girl. I’d be proud to have her as my daughter. But with such a sound throught process I’m curious why she majored in Theater in the first place? She should have just majored in Poli Sci and run for a seat on the local city council where no doubt Kabuki Theater takes place every week. And then once she climbed the ladder of political success she could perfect her acting skills by looking into her constituents eyes while lying to them and taking their money simultaneously. You don’t have to be a communist to be a deceitful, lying politician. Hell, that’s practically a prerequiste for the 2nd oldest profession right here in America! 😀

4. CalWatchdog
    CalWatchdog Author 4 May, 2012, 22:15

That is a brilliant young woman and one I want to hire. I will take her under my wing and teach her how to report about the Statists who have been lying to her for decades.

Whenever I challenged my statist professors at the lousy CSUS, I was given a failing grade. But I conducted my own tests, and often turned in the same research papers to two different classes, getting an “A” from one professor, and an “F” from another.

This woman in my soulmate, only I didn’t have her clarity at such a young age – I knew what was wrong, but it took me a little longer to articulate it.

Katy

5. Beelzebub
    Beelzebub 4 May, 2012, 23:08

“Whenever I challenged my statist professors at the lousy CSUS, I was given a failing grade. But I conducted my own tests, and often turned in the same research papers to two different classes, getting an “A” from one professor, and an “F” from another”

You got a lesson in how to play the game of life, JS. Those liberal profs are good at that. You gotta learn who your audience is and then tell them what they want to hear. Naturally in business it works the same way. It’s the American way. You always got that ‘free speech’ option that the liberals so cherish – but exercise that right in the classroom or on the job and you fail. Sometimes you don’t get a second chance either. The hammer comes down hard. We sheeple are conditioned that way. Take a look around. Here in the land of ‘free speech’ the average Joe and Jane are so blocked cognitively and emotionally ask them what they think of Americans losing due process through NDAA and they get lumps in their throats. Oh well. Luckily they can’t read thoughts. Otherwise I’d be living under a bridge somewhere.

6. queeg
    queeg 5 May, 2012, 08:58

This article is only ground chuck..we need a rare T-bone for the weekend.

7. Beelzebub
    Beelzebub 5 May, 2012, 10:57

Seriously, how much of the crap you learned in college do you even remember? Im my experience most of it was detail memorization. For instance, if I took the same multiple guess final exam for a Marketing course now – there is an 80% chance I would flunk it. I read that within 1 year of graduation that most students forgot 50% of what they learned. After 3 years it was more like 75%. And most kids don’t even work in the field of their major. College is marketed as a place where you must pay your initiation dues to get a decent job. But that has become a myth too. Hundreds of thousands of college grads are working as waiters/waitresses, cab drivers, bus drivers, rug installers, store clerks, etc… College may help teach you how to write and how to put ideas together – but with a little independent work a person can do that on his or her own. There is no reason to pay $75k-$100k for it. Unfortunately, a college degree is looked upon as a ticket to get into the game. This young lady has seen the light – and saved herself a boatload of money as a result. She will need some training to get into the game – but not in theatrics and not in the college arena. I would suggest a technical trade. Something that won’t fade with time and that she could build on. There’s not doubt that Mr. University President and Mr. Bankster are both very disappointed in her! 😉

8. Rogue Elephant
    Rogue Elephant 5 May, 2012, 13:12

“You got a lesson in how to play the game of life, JS. Those liberal profs are good at that. You gotta learn who your audience is and then tell them what they want to hear.”

LOL! I did the same thing.

In business school, my macro econ prof (a woman of color) introduced herself as a “Marxist, feminist, socialist”. In law school, my corporations prof was an intellectually dishonest radical leftist. My civil rights prof wanted us to write a paper advocating slavery reparations (and all I wanted to understand was the Civil Rights Act of 1964). (I walked out both corporations and civil rights.)

9. queeg
    queeg 5 May, 2012, 13:48

my…a…tough life….deeply affecting….never had a commie or a cram down liberal in college…was not educated by public schools….ah…the good life…well adjusted an positioned fof bigger and greater things!

10. Rex The Wonder Dog!
    Rex The Wonder Dog! 5 May, 2012, 21:35

Rogue Elephant says:

LOL…OK the WORST college class I ever took was a required upper level general ed class that was “cross cultural”…..and it was “Women’s Studies”. I had a friend that talked me into taking this in a condensed Winter Session course over the winter holiday break that lasted only 3 weeks instead of the normal 14 weeks. And then that assclown dropped the class and since it was on a condensed schedule it was too late for me to drop it. Man, what a nightmare.

OMG, the Professor was a hardcore lesbian who hated men and her entire class focus was that the problems of the world were ALL from MEN!

I hated it, I hated her, it was the biggest turn off ever. All the students were female, I was the only guy and most of the female students also hated men. Man was that the wrong class to take.

11. Rex The Wonder Dog!
    Rex The Wonder Dog! 5 May, 2012, 21:38

Seriously, how much of the crap you learned in college do you even remember?

Actually I do.

And college also made me the writer I am today-which is something that is learned only by writing papers, and more papers, and more papers (not so good on spelling but spellcheck is the cure for that problem).

I remember many of the things I learned in college and grad school, mainly because when you major is a field it tends to interest and excite you-or at least it did for me.

College and grad school were the highlights of my life. Well worth every second I spent there.

12. Beelzebub
    Beelzebub 5 May, 2012, 22:05

“Actually I do”

According to the stats, you are an exception to the rule, rex.

“College and grad school were the highlights of my life. Well worth every second I spent there”

Congratulations not ending up like 100’s of thousands of other college grads who are doing menial labor.

13. Beelzebub
    Beelzebub 5 May, 2012, 22:20

I remember taking some social science class as an elective. The prof was really a far-left loon who looked like he just got off the bus from Haight-Ashbury. As a class our collective assignment was to develop a new society from A thru Z. We had a large population of people and we had to organize some sort of establishment. I had a buddy in the class who happened to be a criminal justice major. He made a huge mistake by raising his hand and suggesting that we incorporate some type of police presence. I remember thinking to myself “huge mistake”. If looks could kill my buddy would have been pancaked on the ground. The class was mostly graded on essay exams – very subjective. When my buddy got his papers back it looked like he dipped them in red ink. I think he squeaked by with a ‘C’….barely. Otherwise he was pulling a 3.6 out of 4.0. Hard, hard lessons are taught in college. Comprehensive lessons that apply to real life. The best job to have is one where no one in the organization can hold a hammer over your head. If one person can do you in….you’re owned.

14. Beelzebub
    Beelzebub 5 May, 2012, 23:12

It was recently publicized that over 53% of college grads under 25 are unemployed and more are working jobs that only require a HS degree than in professional entry positions. And remember, these kids are coming out of school with $50,000+ in student debt. If one of my classmates graduated with $10,000 in debt it was an eye opener. And within 6 mos. of graduation the ones I kept in touch with all had good paying entry jobs in professional occupations.

This is a crisis that is only going to add to the other crises that are boiling over in this country.

Obama needs young votes in 2012. Watch him promise to give away the store for college assistance. heh. Then he’ll renege on everything he promised in 2013. Just like he did after 2008. Watch. The nation is packed full with gullible suckers tho. It might be a horse race to the finish.

15. Bob
    Bob 6 May, 2012, 00:53

Hey Queeqster, what was your degree? Underwater basket weaving or mutinology?

16. queeg
    queeg 6 May, 2012, 08:16

It does take a village…including sour/ugly trolls, public school uneducated, with no future in or out of their call center cubicles. Rise and uplift yourself…your better than this….pulling for ya…

17. Beelzebub
    Beelzebub 6 May, 2012, 10:01

Go to college to learn when to use contractions and how to spell. Then join the military and be all that you can be. 🙂

18. Beelzebub
    Beelzebub 6 May, 2012, 10:17

Did you hear that if Congress doesn’t act that the interest rates on student loans will reset to 6.8% from 3.4% on July 1st? So Obama wants Congress to approve continued rates @ 3.4% which would cost the country $8B. To compensate they want to take money away from healthcare for the elderly and for the kids. heh. So if grandma or grandpa get sick they can die so a brilliant sociology major who accumulated $70,000 of debt to fund his bachelor’s degree can pay a lower interest rate.

Mr. University President and Mr. Bankster naturally want the 3.4% interest rate so that they can bait more suckers for future enrollment saturation and income flow. Why not? Hell, it’s a $TRILLION$ dollar industry. Bigger than the nation’s credit card business! PT Barnum must be doing somersaults in his grave.

19. Martha Montelongo
    Martha Montelongo 7 May, 2012, 14:07

I would bet she’s home-schooled. Too critical thinking to be from the K-12 Govt Schools. As for being in theater arts, it’s not a waste. Art and culture are vital to supporting and advancing ideals in a way that penetrates the mind, with images, sound, and emotional appeal. There are too few in theater, music, and film, who deliver a product that defines liberty, at its core. I hope she persists.

20. Beelzebub
    Beelzebub 7 May, 2012, 14:46

Martha,

For anyone who can make a living out of “Art & Culture”, more power to them. But IMO doing so is not really living in the real world. It’s like living in a make-believe world where people get paid to pretend to be someone else. Besides, most who have really made it big in, let’s say, music didn’t study it in college. To my knowledge none of the Beatles had college degrees. Neither did the Rolling Stones. And the way to get into acting these days is to be born into it or to sell your soul to a ‘godfather’ who has the juice to open a door or two. Look at the current stars like Brittany Spears. Do you honestly think that she’s talented and deserved to hit it big in Hollyweird? She’s just one example, but I could name dozens. I really don’t think that college plays a major part in getting someone an acting or singing job of any noteriety. That’s my opinion.