Mike Feuer angry at ‘Der Feuer’ jab

Steven Greenhut: Assemblyman Mike Feuer, D-Los Angeles, left an angry voicemail for me today for my “utterly outrageous” reference to him as Der Feuer for his legislation that would have allowed police officers, judges and prosecutors to exempt themselves from open property records laws. Feuer argues that I misunderstood the bill, but the language is clear and, despite his assertion, I read it in its entirety and much analysis of it. Read it here. Here is a good discussion of it on the LA Times. Here is my column on it. He didn’t detail anything that I got wrong — but I’m all ears and will always gladly correct any mistakes.

Feuer also said my jab was an “insult to the memory of 6 million people.”

I must object to  the suggestion that my tweak of him was meant as an insult to Holocaust victims. For starters, my Dad was a Nazi concentration camp survivor. Many of my relatives perished in that horror. I obviously would never write something that dishonored their memory.

My reference to Der Feuer was an admittedly childish play on the sound of his last name, married with the police-state nature of the bill he authored. The biggest problem is when politicians abuse their authority to reduce our rights and liberties and to enhance the special privileges of powerful government officials. I think Feuer is a smart enough and tough enough character to endure such a taunt.

But my apologies for the insult.

JUNE 25, 2012

No comments

1. Donkey
    Donkey 25 June, 2012, 13:25

You are a better man than I Steven! Your use of “Der Feuer” made the story pop! I dig the tolalitarian ring to your provided label. Throwing out the old maxim, “if the shoe fits, wear it!” Feuer is just another lapdog for the LE RAGWUS, he is doing the job he was bought to do!! 🙂

2. Dyspeptic
    Dyspeptic 25 June, 2012, 14:02

I thought the “Der Feuer” wisecrack was quite appropriate and I’m not even sure how to pronounce the idiots name. His predictable response of course is to act victimized and foam at the mouth. The real outrage is that degenerates like Mike “Der Feuer” Feuer are running the state for the benefit of their government sector union puppet masters. In a just and sane world Mike Feuer couldn’t get elected dog catcher. Instead he would be cleaning toilets in a state prison and playing who dropped the soap with Bad Boy Bubba.

3. Rex the Wonder Dog!
    Rex the Wonder Dog! 25 June, 2012, 16:18

Feuer also said my jab was an “insult to the memory of 6 million people.”

OK, I am not one to usually take the side of the LE stooges, but it is a fine in walking between humor and WWII, with the massacre of a class of human beeings which we have never seen before or since.

4. Rex the Wonder Dog!
    Rex the Wonder Dog! 25 June, 2012, 16:19

*beings

5. Rex the Wonder Dog!
    Rex the Wonder Dog! 25 June, 2012, 16:22

I must object to the suggestion that my tweak of him was meant as an insult to Holocaust victims. For starters, my Dad was a Nazi concentration camp survivor. Many of my relatives perished in that horror. I obviously would never write something that dishonored their memory.

Great comment and I am glad you stated it.

It is very hard to convey sarcasm and humor sometimes with the written word because there are no mannerisms or gestures to bolster the sarcasm and that can cause misunderstandings……….. 🙂

6. Donkey
    Donkey 25 June, 2012, 18:02

Der Feuer has it wrong anyway. Somewhere between 60 and 80 million humans died during WWII, about half in Europe and the other half Asia. No one really knows how many Chinese were put ot death by the Japanese, the guess is between 20 and 40 million murdered.

As far as I am concerned Steven was refering to a leader, and Feuer relishes the idea of leading the LE RAGWUS to hidden back rooms where they can ply their cabal tricks unseen and unfollowed. 🙂

7. Rex the Wonder Dog!
    Rex the Wonder Dog! 25 June, 2012, 19:35

55 million, half were Russian, and most of the russians were civilians

8. Donkey
    Donkey 25 June, 2012, 20:00

Rex, we know it was in the tens of millions, but the exact number will never be known and doesn’t include millions that died within years of the wars end.

Regardless my friend, Mike Feuer is nothing more than a used condom for the LE RAGWUS feeders, and they have used him often to stick it to the private sector citizens!! 😉

9. Dyspeptic
    Dyspeptic 25 June, 2012, 20:58

There seems to be a sudden drop off in comments on this website. Is it just a coincidence that this occurred immediately after the recent purge of certain “abusive” but well informed and entertaining commentators? Maybe forcing commentators to play by the Marquis of Queensbury rules just makes for a boring website.

10. jimmydeeoc
    jimmydeeoc 26 June, 2012, 07:45

…..as if this is the first time Mikey ever heard that homonym….

11. Rex the Wonder Dog!
    Rex the Wonder Dog! 26 June, 2012, 09:29

We NEED Bellz back here,it is Dullsville without him.

If ANYONE should have been booted it was teddy and his sock puppets. Or Skippy.

12. Donkey
    Donkey 26 June, 2012, 18:23

I Would like to see Beelz back too Rex, I figure people with the heart of Thomas Paine and convictions of Lincoln are no longer seen as a plus. 🙂

13. Rex the Wonder Dog!